Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 shineray x2 vs. benelli bj250gy 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hi community!

i would like to buy one of them. as there is no way to register any bigger engine than 250cc here in my town (shishi/fujian), options are very limited. even if i have a chance to have some bigger engines to be registered in neighbour cities i do not want trouble riding here in my town. so being registered is important for me.

i will mostly ride in the city but i really would like to have some fun on dirt. that's why naked (cfmoto 250nk, benelli bj250-xx) and adv (rx3, dl250) bikes are not the options.

so here is the things;

- i really like the look of benelli. i guess this is the same bike that they call "bx250 motard" in india, uae and some south american countries. but i am not sure if i am able to buy it (or find some spoke 18/21") enduro rims. i want to have 2 sets of wheels to ride it on street and dirt.

- i haven't even seen any rider of benelli. haven't even seen any review of it. that sounds really strange.

- for the shineray x2, i am suggested to buy carburetor version of it (thanks @shuben, got a lot of information from him) how bad is efi on x2? i mean these are the never models (xy250gy-2a and xy250gy-2b i guess) that they produced.

- how good is shineray? most of the riders sell it very soon as i saw. that's just because it is an entry level bike or there is really something wrong with it?

- last (but not least) i prefer to have crf250l actually. rally version if possible. but i don't know if it's okay to register that one here in china. i am ready to pay some more for it actually. i am open for the ideas 😊

thanks for your help..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bahadir; 04-26-2018 at 07:01 AM.