Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would suggest the Jinan Qingqi bikes as they are affliated with Suzuki in some way--I think they are an OEM for Suzuki's smaller engined bikes.

C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I used to have a CB250RS, that was a 249cc single. But the CB250N was the 234cc parallel twin, great bike, slightly less power than the RS, but more torque. The Regal Raptors are significantly different, mostly cosmetic. I'm concerned by their CB250N based bike. If you have this, are the rear shocks adjustable, and how about the weird Ducati inspired under seat exhausts, any problems? Although to be fair I think the Cheng Shin tires it comes with are much better than 80's Bridgestone tires the CB250 came with originally.

If Honda claimed 13KW for the CMX250 Rebel/CB250N how is the Raptor 15KW with emissions stuff fitted?
    The higher power rating is because non-us Rebels have twin carbs and US Rebels have single carbs. Since the Chinese copied the Rebel motor available in China, the Chinese 'Honda 238cc twins' have dual carbs.

Rode a Regal Rapter 250E the other day. It's well used at the local shop. Tempted to pick it up (3500 rmb, licensed) just to get a parts bike for my Rebel.

It was almost exactly the same as my Honda, even in the way it drove. Bout the only difference is way more Chrome and a little more power (could be my imagination).

Senior C-Moto Guru
    3500 rmb for a second hand cruiser, 250cc twin engine? Which city are you in?
    I plan to head down the used market tomorrow, check what costs what. I usually relied on my friends and later on a good mechanic for advice, but here in China, i have to pretty much rely on myself.
    I found this Used Motorcycle buying guide, its very popular on many forums. But this is not easy. lets see what happens tomorrow.

C-Moto Senior
    Hi, I am outside Shanghai. The motorcycle I talked about is still available, but it's a real wreck. It needs front forks, rear shocks, exhaust, seat cover, some cosmetics, carb work and a rear tire. I am guessing around 1500 rmb to get it comfy to ride.

But it is licensed and insured, so yeah.

Senior C-Moto Guru
    thats exactly why i'm not so keen on buying a used bike in China. If I were in my back home, Lebanon, i know the real cost of things, and i know where to find a good mechanic, understand what he saying, where to get parts without being ripped off.

A new Yamaha YBR125 cost ~10,000 RMB registered. A dealer i saw in Kunming was asking 7000 rmb for a 2nd hand 2007 model. How much should it really cost? My foreign face will certainly not help here.
    Also, how much should i expect to lose if i sell my new Yamaha a year later?

C-Moto Senior
    Don't expect to be able to sell a used bike, unless you are way out in the country, or unless it's inspections and insurance have been kept scrupulously up to date, something difficult if not impossible for a foreigner to do.

Used bikes here are either virtually brand new with virtually brand new prices, or complete wrecks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12