HI there OP. Sorry for taking awhile to reply to your post. As Prince666 replied above I'm not based in PRC much now and don't have much time to pursue my passion of all things moto. Your friend has likely stabilised and the situation become much clrearer in terms of inteventional medicine and surgical procedures needed to affect longer term outcomes (affecting prognosis).
United Family Hospital has a number of hospitals situated throughout PRC. While Beijing United Family Hospital would be my recommendation there are other United Family facilities closer to your location e.g. Shanghai United Family, Guangzhou United Family et al. If your friend has medical insiurance above and beyond the simple compulsory medical/health insurance provided by some of the Ch!nese insurance companies then your friend might be served by a plethora of very able providers in a number of South East Asian countries; SIngapore, HK, Thailand e.g. BKK Hospital VVIP or VIP hospitals, or Bumrungrad Hospital Bangkok along with numerous other hospitals.
Hope all goes well...