Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Bike was running fine. One week later it wouldn’t start. No fuel pump sound, no error code, and of course no starter engine.
    Kill switch checked for continuity OK, all fuses OK, voltage to ECU OK, voltage to fuel pump (at fuses box) Zero.
    I am guessing ECU failure, can anybody (prince, doc, ZCM) confirm with actual experience? If so, what could have caused this, should I check fuel pump as responsible for short circuiting? Fuel pump was a bit noisy, BTW.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again
    If anyone can pass me a service manual, that would be of great help, as I plan to replace the fuel pump. I have found links in the forum but none work.
    Thanx!

3. #3 Re: CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Hi Gorka

Got your PM OK.

Just got back tonight from the CFmoto open day.
    On the way to the show my MT was playing up, power would come on and then cut off at different speeds.

At the show, CFmoto had there top services engineers, and I was able to get them to check my bike out.
    There had a pressure gauge that there connected to the fuel pump outlet to check the pressure of the pump?

There found the pressure to be low, so there changed the pump and all is fine now?

Now what I would do is check to see if you have a voltage at the pump under the tank?.
    If it's not the Fuel pump and the bike will still not work.

Then check the "Tip over switch" it's a common fault and it the tip over switch is not resetting then the bike will not start?

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Neither I or Bikerdoc has had a 650 NK before?
    The only member was ZCM?
    Well, good luck there?

But here is a link to what you are looking for.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...oto-650nk.htmle
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Gorka

Got your PM OK.

Just got back tonight from the CFmoto open day.
    On the way to the show my MT was playing up, power would come on and then cut off at different speeds.

At the show, CFmoto had there top services engineers, and I was able to get them to check my bike out.
    There had a pressure gauge that there connected to the fuel pump outlet to check the pressure of the pump?

There found the pressure to be low, so there changed the pump and all is fine now?

Now what I would do is check to see if you have a voltage at the pump under the tank?.
    If it's not the Fuel pump and the bike will still not work.

Then check the "Tip over switch" it's a common fault and it the tip over switch is not resetting then the bike will not start?

Hi Prince thanks for the advice. I was actually looking for this thing somewhere under the saddle but couldn’t spot it. It will help to know what it looks like. I think one of the error codes is from the roll over, and I don’t get any in the dash, is this because the error shows only after you put bike upright?
    I checked pump voltage and it was zero, but not at the connector, only at the fuse box. I will do it later because I will change the pump anyway. It was making a lot of noise and it is a cheap part. I was also worried maybe a seized pump could short circuit the ECU, although I have a doubt it is switched by relay. Any thoughts if pump can be cause of ECU failure?bike was running just fine and then one week later it’s dead.
    Thanks again.

6. #6 Re: CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Hi Gorka
    Let's think about what the rollover cut out does?

The last thing it wants is the fuel pump to keep working?

So maybe if the rollover is not working ( or its thinking) you are down and won't reset then you could have NO volts going to the pump?
    Location yes I know lol.

Post or send me your Wechat name so I can send pictures and talk to you about the location, you will never find it?

Hi Gorka
    Let's think about what the rollover cut out does?

The last thing it wants is the fuel pump to keep working?

So maybe if the rollover is not working ( or its thinking) you are down and won't reset then you could have NO volts going to the pump?
    Location yes I know lol.

Post or send me your Wechat name so I can send pictures and talk to you about the location, you will never find it?
    Gorkamugarra

8. #8 Re: CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Nice talking to you Gorka
    Good luck with the bike hope all goes well
    And please post the results when the bike is fixed for other MCM people on here to read.

Nice talking to you Gorka
    Good luck with the bike hope all goes well
    And please post the results when the bike is fixed for other MCM people on here to read.
    Nice to talk to you Prince... After reading some of your zillion posts.
    As I was running out of time because I am travelling on Sunday, and the other problems I mentioned, I took the straight path for diagnose with the help of Jeff, the CF dealer in SH. He sent over a guy with a brand new ECU and tried it. Problem solved.
    He charged me for ECU same price as I had already seen on TAobao for original parts. Service for free.

10. #10 Re: CF 650 no pump, no error code 
    Great news.

All sorted now? so the ECU was the problem.

CFmoto services are getting better and talking to CF there are very keen to improve not only the new bikes but also with Dealer to ensure all mechanics are trained and have more than just 1 hammer and 1 screwdriver, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast