Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Regular
    Few days ago Benelli released two interest models in local market: Leoncino Trail and Benelli TRK502X:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/xiGo3YvZo8GxAf6xHANUvA

Also Loncin's ADV bike DS8 is on its way to production:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM...fZAumXaoGCZ#rd

For some reasons I think that Loncin's DS8 could be better ADV bike, than CFMoto 650MT... but there's still hope CFMoto will release something more interesting than 650MT :)

2. #2 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    TRK502X yeah, saw that last year at the Motocycle show in Bangkok, so it's a model that was around a bit before that... Fugly IMO but seems to have gained a bit of a following particularly in TIC. Some of that though is because it carries the foreign badge... as has happened with some of the marques of other offerings made in Ch!na.
    Some Local CN riders bought previous 600cc Benelli models thinking they were buying a better brand only to find a number of issues... leaking fuel tanks, faulty fuel pumps inside fuel tanks, transmission issues etc.
    Loncin have been working on getting the BMW Rotax single cylinder 650 engine into something that can make an impact in the local domestic TIC market. The previous Loncin 650 inspired model didn't enjoy as greater success as anticipated...
    YMMV
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 06-07-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    For some reasons I think that Loncin's DS8 could be better ADV bike, than CFMoto 650MT... but there's still hope CFMoto will release something more interesting than 650MT
    At the resents dealer open day for CFmoto, I had the opportunity to talk to the head of sales/marketing for the whole of China and I asked the same question?

The MT just needs a set of 19/17 or 21/18 DID spoked wheels, a longer travel and better front shock, button to switch off the ABS at the back which the TR-G has already.
    Sub-guard, increase the tank size to say 20/22L.

And there you have it a not bad ADV bike?

He did say the 21/18 wheel setup would increase the seat height too much?

It did get him thinking, so we will just have to wait and see.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Went to the dealer yesterday to change oil and they were unboxing the two new Benellies.
    I dint look much at the TRK as that bike to me is a joke. The Leoncino, on the other hand looked very nice. The wheels lifted it up a bit and there is a decent amoint of clearance. Still, the seat is low. All it needs is a good skid plate which is not available on taobao yet.
    I forgot to check wether these wheels are tubeless or not

5. #5 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Went to the dealer yesterday to change oil and they were unboxing the two new Benellies.
    I dint look much at the TRK as that bike to me is a joke. The Leoncino, on the other hand looked very nice. The wheels lifted it up a bit and there is a decent amoint of clearance. Still, the seat is low. All it needs is a good skid plate which is not available on taobao yet.
    I forgot to check wether these wheels are tubeless or not
    Why don't you like the Benelli? I am looking at buying one, for lack of choice as it seems to be the only available adventure bike in my area. Would like some opinions before I buy. Also in two minds about a TRK502 with spoked wheel option or the X version, which is quite a bit more

6. #6 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Looking at the Benelli TRK 251 too. Seems a better choice for my needs, but can't get the launch date confirmed. Bike shop says early next year, internet says Sept-Nov.

7. #7 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So, got myself a Benelli TRK502X. Looks fantastic in red. I will probably pick it up on Wednesday 5/9 and then the trips will roll out. First ride will be to Anji, not far from my hometown of Huzhou. I haven't been on a bike for ages, at least something bigger than a scooter, so it will be slow going at first. Also a bit nervous about the bike ban in the center of Huzhou, right where I live, and will have to dodge the police every time I go out.

Will update the forum about the bike and trips.

8. #8 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by marco polo View Post
    Why don't you like the Benelli? I am looking at buying one, for lack of choice as it seems to be the only available adventure bike in my area. Would like some opinions before I buy. Also in two minds about a TRK502 with spoked wheel option or the X version, which is quite a bit more
    Sorry for a late reply. Ive been away for a while. I can see that you have bought your bike already so you question is no longer relevant.
    Im sure you are going to have plenty of good rides here. Huzhou is not far away from me so if you ever consider riding a bit south drop me a line.
    damn I will be herrasing ypu whenever Ill decide to go to that fancy hotel in Huzhou

9. #9 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry for a late reply. Ive been away for a while. I can see that you have bought your bike already so you question is no longer relevant.
    Im sure you are going to have plenty of good rides here. Huzhou is not far away from me so if you ever consider riding a bit south drop me a line.
    damn I will be herrasing ypu whenever Ill decide to go to that fancy hotel in Huzhou

10. #10 Re: New Benelli TRK502X with spoke wheels 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What do you mean by "your question is no longer relevant"? What if anyone else is searching for a review, so (s)he could have an idea if this could be the bike for him (her)?
    Please do share your thoughts about the bike with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast