Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jialing JH600 out of production? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there,

a Chinese friend of mine is helping me to get a motorbike in Beijing. I'm pretty much focusing on the Jialing JH600 (solo) at the moment, but he said it went out of production years ago. He doesn't seem to have a lot of specific knowledge (said the F800GS and the TRK502 are the same except for heated grips 8X...) so I thought I better confirm that we you guys.

In any case, any Beijing dealers who might have them ready to roll?

Cheers,

Tim

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600 out of production? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob bigheadsnake's Avatar
    Hi h3rtz, there's no new solo edition of JH600 on sale, but the sidecars are still producing.

If you want to buy one, there's many second hand bikes to choose.

I know there's two dealers in beijing who's selling JH600, one is Jinglong "京隆" on the north, and the other is Longteng“龙腾” on the south, they may have some second hand Solo JH600 to sell.
    Jialing 600 and CJ 650 Sidecar Owner.

When your friend can't distinguish F800 and Benelli TRK you better find help from more capable people. This are totally different bikes in frame, engine and setup.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600 out of production? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h3rtz View Post
    Hi there,

a Chinese friend of mine is helping me to get a motorbike in Beijing. I'm pretty much focusing on the Jialing JH600 (solo) at the moment, but he said it went out of production years ago. He doesn't seem to have a lot of specific knowledge (said the F800GS and the TRK502 are the same except for heated grips 8X...) so I thought I better confirm that we you guys.

In any case, any Beijing dealers who might have them ready to roll?

Cheers,

Tim
    I'd not place to much reliance on your friends knowledge since it appears as though there's a bit of a deficit given that the BMW F800GS and Benelli TRK502 aren't sharing much DNA or even RNA - resemblance alone doesn't count
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: Jialing JH600 out of production? 
    Like most Chinese people there are unable even to direct you to the nearest MacDonald which may only be 50 meters away.lol
    The last person in the world l would ask advise about motorbikes,would be a Chinese Motoerbike rider?
    Well good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Jialing JH600 out of production? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the input guys.

I checked a bunch of bikes last weekend and settled for the Benelli Leoncino Trail. If you‘re interested in why, check my other thread:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...der-in-Beijing

@Bigheadsnake, that‘s the info I was looking for, thanks for that! So my friend indeed was right! Unfortunately I didnt see any Jialings during the weekend. In the end I made an emotional decision when rationally the JH would have been a near perfect bike for me. But I‘m happy anyway because I‘m in love haha!

I‘d love to know tho why they‘re not selling solos anymore. Cant be that much of an investment to mount a different front wheel?

@Shuben and bikerdoc: at first I was thinking like you concerning the similarities between the TRK and the GS, but then I learned the TRK has a parallel twin engine just like the GS (thought its a single). Also the steel tube frames are similar as well as wheel and tank size. Performance and quality wise they are worlds apart, but conceptually there are a lots of similarities.

Apparently a lot of Chinese adv riders really care about accesoiries. I think I never saw a GS without full panniers and LEDs everywhere in Beijing, so from a Chinese perspective it might even make sense to point out the absence of heating grips as a major difference.

@prince666 sorry but have to disagree here. most of the info I got from Chinese riders was correct, though not very precise. It sometimes took me a while until I understood the details.