Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
Wow, the X2 has seen with you much more than with me. I am happy it serves you well and my improvements make the difference.
Good to see you became a good experienced rider. When you took the bike over I was afraid you wouldn't make it alive back to Shanghai ��
RESPECT!!!

Ride on! Wish you "All time rubber down"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Cheers, actually, I think I just crossed over the 18,000 km mark so 50/50:)

Yes, the X2, your former X2, was like a tractor- it went up most things. It reached 5050 metres without a hiccup, despite having a carburettor. I was just thinking to myself, how I'll describe this bike as "an utter beast", after that mountain pass and the engine cut out. I free-wheeled for a while, started catastrophising (ie "shall I ditch the bike and walk down?") I was starting to panic (a litlle). The thought occurred to me after a while that I might be out of fuel. I turned the petcock and the bike fired right up. I was so releived. I hadn't topped up that morning. More Mea culpa.. I had extra petrol in a can at that point, just incase...
I would like to ride with buddies in future when off road, I think :).
The bike is infact a beast, the only limitations being the obvious need for wrenching and the small gas tank.
hmmmm....

Re. becoming an experienced rider.. I'm in Wales atm with family and have taken my compulsory basic training. I'm doing the full bigger displacement bike test next week and the week after. Training is good I think. I taught myself how to ride a bike in China, and have the injuries from this. Anyway, I look forward to getting back to China shortly to get more off road training...