Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Help!!!

1. #1 Help!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi All. I have a problem with my 2016 Lexmoto Venom (carb model). I bought it last week and road tested it and it ran fine. I bought it back in a trailer. On returning home I started it up but within 30 seconds it cut out. It wouldn't restart unless I left it for a couple of minutes then ran again for another 30seconds (a minute at the most). I have changed plug, plug cap, put fresh fuel in and cleaned carburettor but it was still the same. Convinced it was the carburettor I purchased a new replacement. It's still the same. It will start on the button but after 1 minute cut out and won't start again unless I leave it for 2 mins then it will run again for another 30 secs. It was ridden for 10mins when I first bought it and never missed a beat! If anyone can give me any pointers I would be most grateful. Happy riding!!

2. #2 Re: Help!!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Answering my own question here but I hope it helps someone else out. Problem solved and it was inlet valve clearance (or lack of it!!) The inlet valve clearance had closed. I have set both valves to 0.08mm and bingo!! It's running perfect. I never even gave valve clearance a thought as symptoms seemed just like a faulty carburettor. Hey ho!!!