Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Biking in Sichuan as an offer, 
    C-Moto Senior
    I've thought for some time about getting a second bike in CHina. I'd use it as a"buddy bike". Specifically for riding with other China bikers who may not be situated close to mountains and other gorgeous scenery. More specifically, in Sichuan.

To be accountable to the community here, I should state my goal of getting another legally plated dirt bike stationed in Sichuan in 2019.

I wanted to offer other bikers the chance to have a ride as cool as this one. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-yushu-Qinghai

At first, it would just be like this... you pay for the petrol you used in the bike and if you break it, you fix it. Fair, I think.

I lived in Shanghai for three years and got into biking whilst living there. I was made aware of the dearth of opportunities in China just to go to a beautiful place (China has many, but they are sometimes remote from where most people choose to live) and pick up a bike to use/rent.

So, let me know what you think.

Could take people on say a three day loop of mountains from Chengu, or further afield... I'll serve as tour guide. let me know.I hope to be exploring the region more this year myself, so a riding partner for me, and a dirt cheap tour for you and no hassle shipping your bigger, more expensive bike across China. Also, if anyone is in Chengdu and knows of someone selling an X2 which is in good shape, also let me know. To save me from trawling second hand marketys or XianYU.

2. #2 Re: Biking in Sichuan as an offer, 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Sign me up!
    I was thinking of sending my bike to sichuan/yunnan this year anyway.
    pretty cool idea you had

3. #3 Re: Biking in Sichuan as an offer, 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Excellent plan... Hope it works out. Make sure though you have the bike insured and inspection up to date... and any rider using your bike has a copy of your passport and visa page, so that if in the unfortunate event of a ding, they can at least supply the Traffic PSB with these document copies otherwise you may be called to be present for any determination etc. This is the unfortunate aspect of how vehicle ownership works... but as always TIC... what applies in one place at any given time in any given situation may differ... to another.
    Good luck though...

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso