Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Greetings all!

I've decided to get into Chinamotoing. I've ordered a DF250RTD from Belmonte Bikes after searching for a drop-shipper with decent feedback for this version of the bike. The new version of the RTD is a café racer (not a cruiser, like previous versions) and I'm hoping you all can offer any pointers on the initial setup of these bikes and any tips specific to the OHC engine. Here's a stock photo of the bike:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I've ordered one in gray, just like the one pictured. I'll post more to this thread once the bike arrives and as I put miles on it. So far what I've gathered from reading various threads is that I should do the following for an initial setup:

-Change the oil to a higher quality brand (what's the best grade?)
    -Ensure all fasteners are tightened properly
    -Check all wiring connections and ground points
    -Adjust the idle speed once warmed up using a digi tach
    -Vary the engine's operating speeds during initial break-in, avoiding long cruises at the same MPH/KPH

Am I missing anything?
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

2. #2 Re: Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So the DF arrived today, amid snowfall here in northern Virginia. Based on the bill of lading it seems that Belmonte bikes is a drop-shipper, as are most online China-bike companies. The bike looks good, but there's a fair amount of scuffs on the frame. I'll also say that I'm not impressed by the container it was shipped in, part of the frame was not bolted in and instead was jammed between the brake pedal/lever and engine case and caused some decent scratches through the paint on the engine case.

On the plus-side, it's more assembled than I was expecting. My DF bobber needed to have the front brake/tire mounted when it arrived years ago, this seems only to need the clutch and brake pedals mounted, and the clip-on bars adjusted. More posts coming soon!

20190129_161654.jpg
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

3. #3 Re: Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    Sorry for the late reply--did not realize people are posting once again from the US, so this is refreshing! However, not as many members from the US as Chinariders.net You will want to join there if you haven't already...

4. #4 Re: Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have the same bike, Ive had a few issues. The starter relay and battery do not fit well under the cover. Now my rear brake light/tail light wont work. The bulb is fine, tested it off a 9 volt battery. I also tested the first junction from the tail light assembly to the main harness and that section worked fine. I guess I need to tear the fuel tank off to check the main harness. Anyone else have a similar issue? I like to ride the bike but I think some of the components will wear out fast.

5. #5 Re: Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    C-Moto Noob
    how much money did you spend to modify the motorbike, and what price did you spend on shipping from America to China?
    Last edited by hummingb; 12-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.

6. #6 Re: Dong Fang DF250RTD (Cafe Racer) 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm thinking of getting this bike. For those who have it, are you happy with it, and would it be a good 1st or 2nd bike for a novice? Also, are there any of you willing to post a quick you tube review of yours? The only video out there is from a seller, and I'm looking for an unbiased real review. Thanks!