Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto's 650's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi ....

I haven't visited for a while but I am giving my cf650tk a 60,000km service and plan to check the valve clearances.

The problem I have does anyone know what the clearance should be ...in the 2014 service manual for CF650-2 give the clearance in the periodic maintenance section P2-19 as EX 0.22-0.31mm IN 0.15-0.21mm BUT in the Engine Top end section P5-6 Tech specifications shows the Valve clearance as EX 0.20-0.26mm & IN 0.08-0.13mm.

Checking a service manual for a Kawaski ER6 shows the first figures in both sections.

I haven't removed the cams yet but a quick check shows that I need to adjust the clearances and I believe that the shimming arrangements are different. I am a little unsure what the clearances should be as the manual seems to be a copy of the Kawasaki in most parts so may not reflect what they should be!

Regards and safe riding to all ...

2. #2 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    Exhaust: 0.22~0.31 mm (0.0087~0.0122 in.)Intake:0.15~0.21 mm (0.0059~0.0083 in.) is correct according to the mechanic here.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

3. #3 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi ..... I was quoted different figures from the Australian Distributor these being Exhaust:0.22~0.28mm Inlet:0.08~0.13mm.

Regds .

4. #4 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi all ...

As a followup to my previous message I went ahead and checked the value clearances using the figures quoted by the Australian Distributor.

Using their figures I had to change some Exhaust bucket shims with my clearances in the ranges as follows: Exhaust (all)0.24mm Inlet:0.10~0.11mm.

The figures quoted in the CFmoto service manual Periodic Maintenance section 2, quote Exhaust:0.22~0.31 Inlet:0.15~0.21mm but in their Valve adjustment Clearance Charts show the following as
    "specified Clearance/No change required" Exhaust:0.20~0.26 Inlet:0.08~0.13.

Interesting I know but it would be nice if we knew what the manufactures design/assembly/service clearances are.

maybe the above may help someone.

Regards ....

5. #5 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi.

My first post on here.

I've just purchased a 2015 CM MOTO 650tr. It was actually the support bike in the Isle of man TT races in 2015 when CF moto came fourth in their category. It's only done 800 miles. Just wondering if it will have the mechanical throttle body restriction with being a UK model. Thanks

6. #6 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Stephen ....

I didn't think the UK version of the 650 tourer or naked were sold restricted as they are here in Australia (the CF650TK).
    So I would say No to your bike being restricted.

Regds ....

7. #7 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen101070 View Post
    Hi.

My first post on here.

I've just purchased a 2015 CM MOTO 650tr. It was actually the support bike in the Isle of man TT races in 2015 when CF moto came fourth in their category. It's only done 800 miles. Just wondering if it will have the mechanical throttle body restriction with being a UK model. Thanks
    As said...Phil's Tr is restricted....(he says/thinks?) The only one I know of in the seven or so Tr,s that I know of.

8. #8 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks guys.

9. #9 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Tweet.
    Did you say the guy that I bought my CF Moto off is a member on here? Not happy with him as the bike has several issues with it. I've tried discussing with him to see if he will pay towards getting them fixed as they were deffinately per existing faults and he's basically blocked me. Please pass on my message if you can. Or could you let me know his user name so that I can.
    Many thanks

10. #10 Re: CFMoto's 650's 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen101070 View Post
    Hi Tweet.
    Did you say the guy that I bought my CF Moto off is a member on here? Not happy with him as the bike has several issues with it. I've tried discussing with him to see if he will pay towards getting them fixed as they were deffinately per existing faults and he's basically blocked me. Please pass on my message if you can. Or could you let me know his user name so that I can.
    Many thanks
    Hi Stephen.

I'm not sure any of us that know each other as a group, actually know anybody who has been riding the TT support bike. It's a shame you've got problems, as, once whatever your problems are are sorted, you'll have yourself a good bike there..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast