Quote Originally Posted by GSR View Post
Phils, sorry for the slow reply I’m currently in Thailand unable to return to China due to travel bans. As to the batter/charging issue I had with my motorcycle. After the factory ran tests and found nothing I ran my own tests. The charging system tested fine. I think I found the problem which is a parasitic drain which was straining the battery. I had an anti-theft tracking device installed on the bike when it was new. The device was suppose to go into sleep mode after a short time when parked. I think because it was parked in a garage and the sensitivity was set to low it was being activated to frequently. When the bike is first parked the device defiantly draws too much power putting too much drain on the battery. I did not have time to test the device to see if it was going into sleep mode like it is suppose to, or what the drain is in sleep mode. My attempted solution for the short term, and to test to see if that was the problem, was to put a quick connect into the device power and disconnect it when safely parked or when I was not going to run the bike frequently. I still think the stock battery is of low quality having failed in 5 months without ever being fully drained. Had I had the opportunity when I had to replace it I would have put in a better battery. I would recommend installing quality wheel bearings sooner rather than later, and watch the battery and replace it with a quality unit when needed.
Seems you likely found the cause of the parasitic draw. I wonder if its possible to obtain a different GPS Tracker that has its own semi-independent power supply (battery backup)? After all if the GPS tracker becomes disconnected from the bike battery for any reason then it makes the function of said tracker null-in-void being that it then becomes inoperable.