Lifan LF125T-6 Matrix 125 review

Written by Ketzal "Hollywood" Sterling
Thursday, 14 February 2008 00:25

I’ve written a few reviews now and they’re starting to get a little samey, (That’s a word or at least it should be) the following review is going to get a little out there so hold on to your hat…or wig.

My name is Neo I am a thirty something computer hacker; I am also what’s called, a nerd. This means I have yet to have sex other than cyber sex, mainly because nobody replies to my online dating ads. Once upon a time I spoke to a girl in the real world, it was very scary. When I’m in the real world I ride a scooter called the Lifan Matrix LF125T-6, it is according to the ad that caused me to purchase it “stylish transport for the new millennium” I believe everything I read.

My scooter is not the most powerful of bikes it makes 5.3kW or about 7hp, which is a fair amount less than many 125cc bikes. This means it takes my scooter 7.5 seconds to get to 50kph and is so slow to 80kph that I wasn’t able to get a time on my test road as it didn’t quite go all the way around the world. This is about how long you’ll need to get the Matrix up to 80kph. Stopping the Matrix is fairly straight forward with a disc brake up front and a drum brake in the back. Unfortunately my scooters brakes did feel a little on the weak side.

If you didn’t already know…I can fly. I just thought I’d tell you that in case you are a girl and you want a date, you can email me at neothelifanmatrixrider@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . (Really you can email me…try it) In "The Matrix" it doesn’t matter if the road is bumpy as I can just imagine it flat, not so in the real world, thankfully my Lifan LF125T-6 has surprisingly good suspension and handles road imperfections with ease. My scooter also handles very well; it easily rolls into corners and carving up tight bends is generally very good fun.

Living with my Lifan is pretty straight forward; it is easy to put on the centre stand and simple to move around as it’s reasonably light at 104kg. The under seat storage area will carry a small full face helmet and there’s a lockable front glove box where I can store one of my many machine guns. The lock is a bit finicky so it’s sometimes a bit of a pain when I’m trying to get my gun out quickly to kill Agent Smith for the eight millionth time. Really, how many times do you have to kill an agent before they die?

The Lifan is about average for fuel consumption returning 3L/100kms or 78MPG; this is irrelevant to me as I normally just hack into some poor retired pensioners bank account and steal all their money. I may have already mentioned that I’m a nerd and for that reason I have a near numb rear end from sitting in front of a computer all day, even this however did not prepare me for the seat on the Matrix. The padding on the seat appears to have been substituted for a material with a density similar to a substance best known as…wood. The LF125T-6 does have an audible indicator clicker but in contrast to the Lifan LF50QT–2A which has the loudest indicator beep in the world the clicker on the Matrix is actually a secret hearing competition. See if you hear it and email Lifan they will send you one million dollars. (Don’t quote me on this; I could have the figure wrong, or I may have made it up completely)

The speedometer on my Lifan is about as useful as a porcupine on quality control at a condom factory. When it tells me I’m traveling at 50kph I am actually doing 37kph which is about as far wrong as is possible. Maybe it’s actually some sort of bullet time where I am really traveling faster than everybody else. My Lifan is quite a nice looking bike and is certainly a lot of bike for the money I stole to buy it. The Matrix is not as well built as some scooters but you can hardly expect it to be considering the exceptionally low price. It is certainly much better built than most Chinese scooters. Lifan have really stepped up the quality levels compared to their competitors. That probably has a lot to do with why they sell their bikes in over 100 countries.

Summing up my Matrix LF125T-6. My Matrix is one of the lowest priced full sized 125cc bikes on the market; it’s a very nice scooter to ride and is far more attractive than many Chinese bikes. When it comes to price/performance nothing else can really compete, although it’s not always just about price. The Matrix is definitely worth a test ride if you’re on a budget. If you see me in "The Matrix" I’ll be the one riding the Lifan scooter; two guns blazing while doing a back flip over sixteen buses. I told you I can fly right...do you want a date?

http://www.thescooterreview.com/revi...view?showall=1