Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jiashan Mega Moto Dealership 
    C-Moto Senior
    Was bored today, so decided to try to find the mega dealership I had been to in Jiashan, Zhejiang province, just outside of Shanghai.

Hopefully Nuhaus will chime in here as he took pictures and stuff.

The dealership is massive. Probably in the neighborhood of 5000 bikes for sale (wild ass guess). As well they sell cars and other mobile objects (3 wheelers, etc).

The front dealership has all of the exotic stuff. Pride of place went to a Yamaha V-Max 1200. Registerable in China (don't ask too many questions, I am sure and with 10,000 kms, they wanted 180,000 rmb. It has suffered a lot from Chinese acid rain and the tires were shot. Would be fun to scare people on Chinese roads with it.

Other foreign exotica included a brand new Hyosung GT250N. This naked aircooled v twin 250 is a loose copy of a Honda VTR250 with some serious Suzuki SV650 DNA. They wanted 40,000 Rmb for it.

The one that had me drooling was a well used but functional Honda Bros 400

Single sided swingarm, light weight and Aluminium frame. Weak on power but good enough for Chinese roads.
    24,000 Rmb.

They had many copies of a Honda 250 four cylinder naked bike that appeared to be oil cooled. These were going for 15,000 or so RMB, well used.

As well, they had a single Honda 250 v twin sports naked that was not a VTR 250.

They had several Honda Magna 250's, one rather hilariously marked as a Yamaha Magna.

Some sort of odd Yamaha Cruiser. Marked a 'Drag Star', it had a 250 V-twin with a shaft drive. They of course wanted a fortune for the well used example (20,000 rmb I think--may have been more).

In the back, they had many examples of every Chinese bike known to man. CBF150's were about the most exciting, although a copy of my old Suzuki QS150 (GZ150) made by some Chinese company could be had for 8,000 Rmb, including Harley style driving lights, panniers, bells, whistles and more chrome than you could shake a stick at.

One of the more interesting Chinese bikes there were Regal Raptor SPT 250's (actually 305 cc's). 16,500 RMB

These were massive, with water cooled engines and huge fuel tanks. One of the few Chinese bikes with a monoshock rear suspension. Riding position reminded me of my Vstrom 650, and the bike was almost that large. They also had the Regal Raptor DD series but on in 150 cc air cooled (i have seen the 250 for sale in Wujiang). 14,500 Rmb.

C-Moto Senior
    Would just like to add that the repair shop was the cleanest, most professional repair shop I have seen in China. Mechanics knew what they were doing and the shop was spotless. Way better than either the moto market in Shanghai or my local shop here in Luxu.

My engine has been rattling for some time now and I have been looking in vain for someone to open it up and check the cam chains. The mechanic started it up and immediately seemed to know what the problem was. He wanted to fix it right away, but I will take it back to him next week.

Another thing (and perhaps I cannot share this here) but if you need a plate, they will help. Bring a translator as no one speaks English.

C-Moto Guru
    Those Raptors were pretty sweet. Fit 6'1" of me quite nicely. I think they would have let me take one for a test spin but I didn't want to press my luck.

Hmm. My pics are not working. Essentially the excursion consisted of Jim and I walking through the store with about 3 dudes following us all the way. I've gotten in trouble from friends before for window shopping in China but today we said "what the hell" and just walked throughout the entire shop. Noticeably missing were any dirt bikes whatsoever. So fay I've only seen them at one shop in Shanghai, outrageously overpriced.

That Raptor is putting a real itch in my wallet :).

C-Moto Senior
    The only dirt bike I saw was a version of a Yamaha YBR125 with high fenders and knobbies.

Looks kinda cool, actually....

Sounds great guys and it's interesting to see some 300cc's for sale in the 15k range. Did you get any pics of the place itself or have a location on a map? Any sense of how much the Regal Raptor Sport weighs?

I've always like the looks of the YBR dirt version and know it would be a great bike to tour china on but would be much better with a 200 or 250cc. If they had had anything larger than a 125 while I was there, it would have been on the top of my list.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Guru
    Here is a link on Google maps from Jiangsu to the motorcycle shop. My friend did it a while ago after we first found the place while wandering around, and wanted to make sure we could find it again.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.167542&z=13

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Those Raptors were pretty sweet. Fit 6'1" of me quite nicely. I think they would have let me take one for a test spin but I didn't want to press my luck.

Hmm. My pics are not working. Essentially the excursion consisted of Jim and I walking through the store with about 3 dudes following us all the way. I've gotten in trouble from friends before for window shopping in China but today we said "what the hell" and just walked throughout the entire shop. Noticeably missing were any dirt bikes whatsoever. So fay I've only seen them at one shop in Shanghai, outrageously overpriced.

That Raptor is putting a real itch in my wallet :).
    Yes I find the no window shopping, touch it and you must buy it very interesting.I was spat at the other day when I touched a rug and didn't buy it.

The Drag star is Yamaha's answer for Harleys. 250's up 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by iamcanjim View Post
    The only dirt bike I saw was a version of a Yamaha YBR125 with high fenders and knobbies.

Looks kinda cool, actually....
    The Yamaha dealer today told me he can get a YBR250 23k rmb.

have to order in???

YBR 250 is a great looking bike. Saw one running around Chengdu just before I left and the rider had absolutely no problems beating traffic. Not sure how it would hold up off-road but around town it could be the cat's meow... except for those skinny little fork tubes.

CC

---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Senior
    Interesting that it's a monoshock rear.