Brice, owning a chang isn't so troublesome - if you have a trustworthy mechanic that get the problems sorted out - you will be out riding, not wrenching :thumbup:

It took a long time (ok, a very long time) but I finally got my chang sorted out with the help of an old Mr. Wang who lives in a nearby town. He's the only chang mechanic in Chengdu but he is amazing. His shop is in complete disarray, everything has a thick layer of dust on it and parts are everywhere... but he is the real deal.

Here is my chang from last year. I've since swapped the 32hp OHV engine out with a 24hp M1M engine (12v) that Mr. Wang had in his repair shop. New Old Stock! Never used! After 2000km of break in (maximum speed during this time is 40kph)...that took many months... I'm left with an amazing machine.

I've left it for more than 3 or 4 months at a time, parked outside with all the bicycles under a plastic awning. Turn the key to check electricity - red light comes on (still has juice), prime the carbs by pressing the little pumps on top (using months old gas), push the kickstart down half a dozen times to get the oil flowing a little in the cylinders, then turn the key back on and give it a kick, ONE KICK and it starts right up.

Astonishing machine. Just astonishing.
I really can't say enough good things about a well-sorted out Chang. Mine is so reliable I'll never sell it. (Besides, my wife and I have so many happy memories from the day trips and weekend trips we've taken on it.)

Every foreigner in China ought to have one... :biggrin: