Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Oxygen sensor and ignition coil questions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I read that the 650 nk is the same bike as the tk apart from the fairing and them being tuned differently .

My question is would the oxygen sensor from a 2017 nk work in a 2015 tk?
    I bought the oxygen sensors removed from a very low kms nk to install in my tk, but when I pulled the sensor out it had a different tip than the one in the tk.
    I am guessing maybe it’s just the newer design as the sensor came from a 2017 bike ... did the 2017 models have a new ecu in them?

Anyone know if this sensor is compatible with my 2015
    The first picture below is of the sensor in my tk
    The second picture is the sensor from the 017 nk

One more question I have been getting an error code about my cylinder 2 ignition coil...so today I changed out both coils and plugs ...the bike is definately running better much less vibrations at 3k rpm and no misfires anymore so far but I am still getting the same error code from the ecu ..so now that I know it’s not the coil what should I check next the wiring? Or do you need to reset the error codes once something is fixed..could it still be remembering the problem even if it no longer there?

1D4C7E90-2BD6-4E07-9355-77B277C41F88.jpg

B4473373-E062-4DD5-9D13-4707AAFD2B1C.jpg

2. #2 Re: Oxygen sensor and ignition coil questions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just posting this info for the benefit of any other 650 cfmoto owners that may search for similar issues ...I just talked to a dealership ..the newer cfmoto bikes have Bosch parts I think he Was referring to the throttle bodies... the older cfmoto bikes have Ducati throttle bodies that’s why the 02 sensors are different ...so the 02 sensors for I believe 2016 or 2017 to current are not compatible with older cfmoto bikes.
    As for the f1 error lamp . According to the dealer it does not matter if you fix the problem the error lamp will continue to flash even if the problem is solved ...explains why my bike is now running properly but I still have the error flashing. He said the only way to reset the error lamp is to take it in to a dealership have them hook it up to a diagnostic tool and clear the codes.
    I may try the reset procedure posted on here again and unhooking the battery for 10 minutes and update this thread if that worked in clearing the error code or not. It’s a pain to take it to a dealership just for that!
    I also have the 15 flashes on startup which means it’s maintenace time ...I know the above reset methods did not work clearing the maintenance required flashes. I will see if it works with resetting the malfunctioning coil code or not. Probably not but worth a try.

3. #3 Re: Oxygen sensor and ignition coil questions 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    You have been given the correct info... The 1st and 2nd (2012-2015/2016) generation CF650 came equipped with the Ducati ECU whereas the 3rd generation (2016+) CF650 models come equipped with the BOSCH ECU etc. The two systems are not compatible and therefore not interchangeable to one another. Unfortunately, it's the Ducati ECU systems that are quite unreliable as time moves on. I've replaced ECUs on both my CF650TR (1st gen) and Jetmax (1st gen), which both have Ducati ECUs.

The sequence for clearing the F1/FI codes might not be 100% correct as outlined in the thread topic you refer to, but it's close. Just try experimenting following the directions though and alternate the method a little in regards to the WOT and releasing and turning the ignition OFF/ON or using the engine STOP switch ON/OFF. I am writing this from memory, so I'm not 100% sure what variation is required to the directions I posted on that thread you are using, but it is close enough that if one tries a slight variation in the method, one can stumble on the correct sequence.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso