Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Anyone in Australia looking for 65o NK / Tr / Tk parts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just wanted to mention I happened across a really helpful company here in Australia that wrecks bikes .
    They currently have a low kms I believe under 5000 kms 2017 650 Nk that is disassembled and they are parting out.
    I bought coils off of them and 02 sensors, they were very nice and helpful when I had questions and issues installing a sensor. I had to return the 02 sensors as they were different than the ones installed in my 015 tk.
    Apparently the Nk had front end damage from a collision but the engine was in perfect shape and ran as it should when it came in to the shop .
    So if anyone needs some parts for their 650 Nk in Australia go to
    Rpmparts.com.au

I just thought I would mention it for fellow Aussie cfmoto riders as I have found it hard to find parts for this bike here and there’s a whole low kms Nk in parts up for grabs.

2. #2 Re: Anyone in Australia looking for 65o NK / Tr / Tk parts 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Excellent to know.
    FWIW...
    The older model CF650's (TR, TK, NK etc) use the Ducati ECU / ECM which is not compatible with the newer CF650 models which use Bosch AFAIK. The Ducati ECU/ECMs aren't that reliable... and replacements are costly. I've replaced the CFMoto Ducati branded ECU's on my 650TR and Jetmax, and I know of others with the older model CFMoto bikes/scooters that have Ducati ECU/ECMs that have had to do the same...
    Just my kuai's worth...

3. #3 Re: Anyone in Australia looking for 65o NK / Tr / Tk parts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi bikerdoc
    Thanks for the reply and info .. I tried to send you a pm as you seem to be the guru on here for these bikes but got some kind of message about your mailbox being full.
    Can I ask on what your thoughts are on ecu repair or cloning? It’s a lot cheaper than buying a new one..and you can get your ecu diagnosed so you know if it’s the problem before you get a new one..I talked to a shop today repairing is 200 ..if it can’t be repaired which he said many motorcycle units can not be as they are sealed and can’t be opened.. he quoted 250 to clone it but he said you have to provide a blank ecu for that. My bike starts with the kick stand down ..but otherwise I don’t get the dim neutral light etc others have described. I’m thinking my ecu may be bad could be the source of all these probs dunno..
    My bike has a continues sound like electronic tone when running ..imagine a high pitched beep but continues is the best way I can describe it ....any idea is that normal for these bikes? When I got the bike the fuel tank was contaminated with water I had it flushed so my best guess is maybe it’s the fuel pump if that sound is not normal..
    Do these bikes generally ride pretty smooth? The ride kind of reminds me of a dirt bike lol...I dunno it’s vibrating a lot between 3 and 4 k ..it’s a weird range as if you shift up it’s too slow for the next gear yet unless you push through to say 4K but now your hauling a$$ it’s kind of difficult to ride slow and steady ...just trying to figure out if that’s normal for these or not? In your experience are the tr/ tks pretty smooth rides ?
    I do have an error code...first it was saying a problem with the number 2 coil ..so I switched out the coils and plugs ...now I’m getting an error that’s not even in the manual ...5 lb and 7 sb ....the first flash of the lb is a really long flash the other 3 lbs are normal long flashes,,,,any idea what that may be?
    I dunno if this is how these bikes ride I may be selling it soon as I’m just not really enjoying the ride... feels more like a fight than a ride haha
    Sorry for all of the questions, I’m just finding it real hard to get info on these and from the threads I have seen you write you seem very knowledgeable on them. Maybe I should just give in and take it into a service center I just like to do the work myself if I can.

Oh yeah here for anyone riding in Australia and may be interested in ecu diagnosis repair or cloning here is the advert I found the tech in... he has a bunch of good reviews from customers from what I saw.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sout...irs/1045768275

4. #4 Re: Anyone in Australia looking for 65o NK / Tr / Tk parts 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Rszarka, I cleared a little space in my MCM mailbox and replied to you already - check your PMs. The issue surrounding the ECU I also addressed in my PM to you. Many ECU are closed, however there are ECU tuners around who seem able to get into such ECUs and lay down new maps and such like. An example is the ECU on the Yamaha XT1200Z which was/is a locked/closed ECU (like many other ECUs), however ECUnleashed were able to hack inside the ECU and as a result, offer ECU flashing services for the 2012-2014 Super Tenere which needed a boost in the lower RPMs depending on the bike mode used/chosen on the bike at any given time (sport vs other modes). Reading your various posts and your PMs gives me a moment to pause and suggest that perhaps you might find a Honda CB500X more agreeable? The CB500X might be down a little on overall HP vs the CF650 but the Honda is very forgiving and smooth with a linear power delivery all the way through the rev range. The 6 speed gearbox is light and slick too IMHO. The CB500X is light and very manageable which might be a better fit for you in your current state.

YMMV