Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 37 1231121 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Your Chinese Dual sport picture thread 
    Posy a pic of your Chinese dual sport

Farewell GY-5. This was my first "C-Moto", I put on 3000Km's without any major issues or catastrophic failures, then sold it when I got my new bike.

This last picture is what it looked like when I sold it, side covers repainted, different front fender, de-stickered, and a 50 diode led tail light.

And my second "C-Moto", a Lifan LF200 GY-6

great pics Jim!:thumbup:

5. #5 My.02 
    Jim,

You take really good pictures and have a real talent for it. Your pictures are well composed and have a good sense of proportion and scenery. I feel you would greatly benefit from the use of a DSLR and your skills would put you at a level where you could publish if you wanted to.

Besides the camera gear, a little photoshop skills will help you get the most out of what you already have. I took the liberty of running one of your shots I like the most through the ol' CrazyCarl doo-doo-machine. So much of the below image is great. The clouds are in a nice pattern, laid out almost perfectly parallel to the horizon, mountains fully visible in the background (with no mirror sticking through the horizon), and then this vibrant green grassy hills which bring you into the red bike. The pictures straight out of the camera are not always the best. It may not look a little flat but there's data to be had there and with a few tricks we can get it back. I'm posting the sample below...you may or may not like how it looks. What do you think?

-Before-

-After-

You can see we loose a little detail in the washed out saddle surface but the rest of the image is more vibrant and makes the bike a real standout feature in the image. There's so much great content in this shot that it's almost overwhelming! To change the emphasis in the image to give the bike even more prominence in the shot...for example like if you wanted to use it for an article...this shot could also be cropped a bit.

Again, it all really depends on what you want to portray with the shot. I'm not suggesting anyone should go spend money right away or anything but there's lots of potential, I know you've done some good work with it and if you're ready to take a plunge, go-fer it! If you would like the working .psd of the image, just let me know and I'll post it for you to download.

CC
    ---pssst...get a Nikon! =
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

ZhongXing ZX150-5 "Cannonball" - I got slighly longet ofr legs and much longer rear shock unit on this 150cc Chinese made Nighthawk that I qualify it as a dualsport. :) She crossed rivers and 5000m passes and rode with me through 6 hours of a rediculous sand storm yet was great to ride around town.

-Spot the Moto -

More to come later! But for now I need to get ready. Tomorrow I leave for a few days on to the plateau.

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Good ole Cannonball. You had a good run.

Carl yes that does look better with your modifications, I didn't really tweak any of my pictures, obviously also, I didn't take the ones in the snow (those ones I did crop and resize).

I've been thinking of getting a camera, I've been talking to Mike about it, but I'm holding off for a little while yet, you could ask him why if you want, I don't want to post it on here :blush:

:stupid: nice pics Carl. Looks like I need to post some more

Some HDR shots of the bike at the beach yesterday.

That last one looks really cool, they all do, but the last one especially :thumbup:

Page 1 of 37 1231121 ... LastLast