Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    Here is our new addition to our already successful lineup.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Specs? Link?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hi Carl,

You can go right to our website at www.sagacanada.ca and all the specs are there.

Thanks,

4. #4 Re: Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    Here is some feedback on from one of my dealers in Fort McMurray Alberta Canada

Hello all,

Now that I had a chance to drive a Saga 250 Cruiser Scooter for a day and put on 134km, I can let you know more about it.

It needed about 50km to break in and all the initial little Vibrations went away. The big Vibrations at speeds over 110km/h went away after I balanced the front tire.

Now here is a neat little trick I found. Instead of going through all the hassle of balancing the tires, I installed Dinabeads. Look it up at http://www.dynabeads.ca/ .

This stuff works like a charm. Take out the valve stem, poor some in, install Valve stem and fill with air to proper pressure. Done. All the Vibrations gone.

Now to talk about the speed. WATCH OUT! Maybe it is just this machine, but I drove at exactly 70km/h into a big Radar Sign and it showed 77km/h. So I was going 10% faster then the indicator showed. So I got out my GPS and checked the speed some more. It is giving me over the whole band 10% to little.

Now that the tire is balanced and the motor is bit broken in, I exchanged the oil already and poured in some high quality synthetic oil.

Wow now the motor just puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrsss and I clocked a top speed of 129km/h by GPS.

Not bad for a 4000 dollar scooter eh?

Can you tell…….. I am loving it. The Storage Space is also fabulous. I can fit a full Face Helmet and my entire huuuuge Lunch box inside the topcase and then there is still plenty of space below the seat and inside the Glove box.

Right now I am on the hunt for some good waterproof speaker and a little radio with MP3 player that I can permanently install.

I went to the local Biker Hangout on Sunday with this scooter and instead of giggles, I actually got the most people standing around my scooter uhhhing and ahhhhhing and asking questions about it.

Actually it was parked next to a 60thousand dollar Harley Trike, but I had more people around my scooter then he had around his trike and today he came into the shop to look at the scooters and is thinking of buying one for his wife.

So bottom-line:

Buy inexpensive,

Change the oil

Put some dynabeeds into the tires

Install a stereo

Go out and have some serious fun!

Watch out for radar!!! The darn thing is faster then you think

Sven Bernard

WC Motors Company

Fort McMurray

5. #5 Re: Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    Hmmm... seems like a speedo which indicates 10% slower than actual speeds could be problematic on more than a couple levels.

Does the scoot come with a free Sigma cycling computer?

CC

6. #6 Re: Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    Actually that is a standard variance for motor vehicles. You cant trust computers anyway!

7. #7 Re: Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    True enough about the computers. I thought that the standard variance was in the minus range, as in the speedo reads faster than the actual ground speed. If the speedo reads too fast I can see some benefits to that like safety and reduced speeding tickets which is why I supposed the bias was generally set in that direction.

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as people are aware of the speedo's greater than actual reading but it's definitely something worth knowing before folks get surprised by a situation they'd really rather not be in! 10% faster at an indicated 90kph is no joke on braking distances... esp in less than ideal conditions!

Just my .02.
    CC

8. #8 Re: Our new SAGA 250cc L/C Scooter 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGACanada View Post
    Actually that is a standard variance for motor vehicles. You cant trust computers anyway!
    I checked my speedo with a GPS and it's quite close to the actual speed. I'm still waiting for a reply from SagaCanada about obtaining warranty coverage, erratic idle speed/stalling and the stuff that's falling apart on my scooter from a couple of weeks ago. I now have about 600km on mine now. It seems the DynaBeads helped balance the tires a bit, but I have to add some more than the recommended amount. I suspect the wheel rims weren't machined to compensate for the rather heavy valve stems. Is SagaCanada no longer around?