Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    My ECU is dud, I suspect 1 x analogue to digital input microchip or even simpler a couple of resistors, has gone faulty anybody know how to remove the potting compound from them, I recon I could repair it if get the potting compound out.

2. #2 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    If you have the Ducati ECU vs Bosch ECU, then you'll likely find ongoing ECU problems with the former ECU brand. CFMoto eventually went with Bosch on the later models ~(2015/16), due to the unreliable nature of the Ducati ECUs used through the CFMoto model range. I've replaced my Ducati ECUs on my 650TR (TK) and Jetmax maxi scoot, when both Ducati ECUs died. FYI the Ducati and Bosch ECU aren't interchangeable so the Ducati ECUs will remain an issue, as can be seen on some of the OZ motorcycle forums - guys seeking advice with 650NK or TKs suffering dead ECUs on the older models. I didn't think that the ECU internals would be repairable or know of anyone capable. Didn't give the ECUs a second thought, but now that you've mentioned it, maybe it's worthwhile bringing the ECUs outside of China and taking them to a company like ECUnleashed or similar. Let us know how you get on with this. I'm back in China in Jan '20 so I may very well carry the ECUs out with me to a shop in either SEA or OZ I'll report back on how I get on if I do.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    If you have the Ducati ECU vs Bosch ECU, then you'll likely find ongoing ECU problems with the former ECU brand. CFMoto eventually went with Bosch on the later models ~(2015/16), due to the unreliable nature of the Ducati ECUs used through the CFMoto model range. I've replaced my Ducati ECUs on my 650TR (TK) and Jetmax maxi scoot, when both Ducati ECUs died. Expnesive even in the motherland, but even more so outside the border.

FYI the Ducati and Bosch ECU aren't interchangeable so the Ducati ECUs will remain an issue, as can be seen on some of the OZ motorcycle forums - guys seeking advice with 650NK or TKs suffering dead ECUs on the older models.
    I didn't think that the ECU internals would be repairable or know of anyone capable. Didn't give the ECUs a second thought, but now that you've mentioned it, maybe it's worthwhile bringing the ECUs outside of China and taking them to a company like ECUnleashed or similar.
    Let us know how you get on with this.
    I'm back in China in Jan '20 so I may very well carry the ECUs out with me to a shop in either SEA or OZ
    I'll report back on how I get on if I do.

4. #4 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi,

has someone tried this new ECU K65 for 650 NK and TR?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001409404596.html

5. #5 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Hi, has someone tried this new ECU K65 for 650 NK and TR? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001409404596.html
    Looks potentially promising Haven't tried it myself - bought a new replacement inside PRC at the time for both my 650TR and Jetmax scoot...
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #6 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Looks potentially promising Haven't tried it myself - bought a new replacement inside PRC at the time for both my 650TR and Jetmax scoot...
    Hi, what kind of replacement? Original ducati or aftermarket? Any links to your replacement product ecu?

7. #7 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I’ve just opened the ecu and can see that an attempt to repair has been made previously and I’ll try and diagnose/fix it. See the following video though: https://youtu.be/YDglRxyOBc4

I believe the other option is to fit a Bosch ecu and the latest throttle bodies - I’ve contacted wk/quadzilla so waiting for their advice. Has anyone done this work?

8. #8 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    Hi, what kind of replacement? Original ducati or aftermarket? Any links to your replacement product ecu?
    OEM, since I was able to source directly from factory (inside PRC). Still expensive but less so than being outside the country
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #9 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1984 View Post
    I’ve just opened the ecu and can see that an attempt to repair has been made previously and I’ll try and diagnose/fix it. See the following video though: https://youtu.be/YDglRxyOBc4

I believe the other option is to fit a Bosch ecu and the latest throttle bodies - I’ve contacted wk/quadzilla so waiting for their advice. Has anyone done this work?
    Got in to mine, Capacitors and regulator are OK, not working at all now, it was working but errors 47 and 48 and side stand not cutting out engine when gear engaged

10. #10 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi,

has someone tried this new ECU K65 for 650 NK and TR?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001409404596.html
    It appears to have been taken down, I was about to order one, anybody know why

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast