Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    The adapter cable for ODBII is a Fiat car one
    Which software do you use?

I've got a 3 pin to 16 pin OBDII cable and no luck reading anything.

2. #32 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1984 View Post
    Which software do you use?

I've got a 3 pin to 16 pin OBDII cable and no luck reading anything.
    No Idea never done it, just know it is Fiat connector and I suppose fiat software.

3. #33 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    @Dreamwalker @jose1984 Have you both resolved your ECu issues?

I've got the dreaded 47/48 FI error codes and the side stand engine cut off has just stopped working too. Was looking to change the O2 sensors and see if that resolved it but after reading thsi forum it's looking likely to be the ECU.

I had seen this ECU, but it looks to be a different part number to mine so unsure, my ECU has "432407300" printed on it and underneath is B 650 05/12
    https://cqjns.en.alibaba.com/product...74000_ECU.html

4. #34 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
    @Dreamwalker @jose1984 Have you both resolved your ECu issues?

I've got the dreaded 47/48 FI error codes and the side stand engine cut off has just stopped working too. Was looking to change the O2 sensors and see if that resolved it but after reading thsi forum it's looking likely to be the ECU.

I had seen this ECU, but it looks to be a different part number to mine so unsure, my ECU has "432407300" printed on it and underneath is B 650 05/12
    https://cqjns.en.alibaba.com/product...74000_ECU.html
    That is ECU fault, when you fit the new one clean the sidestand switch then after re-fitting coat in loads of grease to prevent water getting in, water shorts the connection to ground which blows the ECU, the sidestand switch connection are from 2 connections on the ECU on the ECU comes from one and goes back in to the other, the one with the voltage on it gets shorted to ground blowing the ECU.

5. #35 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks @BigPhil. I'll order an ECU and see what happens. I was more concerned with the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) once the ECU is installed. The Alibaba ECU seller says "I want to emphasize again: To replace the ECU, whether it is the original or adjustment one, CF original inspection computer is required to calibrate the throttle position sensor (TPS). Remember to use the CF original inspection computer! ! ! !" So I think I'll need a trip to a CF Moto dealer once I have the ECU so they can connect their computers to it.

But I'll definately look into protecting the side-stand switch. I was caught in the rain a few weeks ago and water got in somewhere causing the high beam indicator to come on and off. So might need a bit more checking for any other exposed wires/connectors.

6. #36 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks @BigPhil. I'll order an ECU and see what happens. I was more concerned with the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) once the ECU is installed. The Alibaba ECU seller says "I want to emphasize again: To replace the ECU, whether it is the original or adjustment one, CF original inspection computer is required to calibrate the throttle position sensor (TPS). Remember to use the CF original inspection computer! ! ! !" So I think I'll need a trip to a CF Moto dealer once I have the ECU so they can connect their computers to it.

But I'll definately look into protecting the side-stand switch. I was caught in the rain a few weeks ago and water got in somewhere causing the high beam indicator to come on and off. So might need a bit more checking for any other exposed wires/connectors.
    I have had that, water gets in the light switch on the handlebars, I wrap a poly bag around it when it is raining but that will not blow ECU but water in side stand switch will, if ordering a a Ducati 03 ECU and your throttle bodies do not have the hole in the butterfly valve, you will need to update the throttle bodies as well

7. #37 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks @BigPhil. Would you have any links to what I'm looking for with the hole in the butterfly valve. I'll have a look later today to see what's in there. I'm thinking, if I don't have the hole, then maybe it's worth getting the Bosch ECU and the newer throttle body. Or even doing that anyway and prevent some of these issues repeating. I'm just unsure how big a can of worms I'd be opening by doing this!

8. #38 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks @BigPhil. Would you have any links to what I'm looking for with the hole in the butterfly valve. I'll have a look later today to see what's in there. I'm thinking, if I don't have the hole, then maybe it's worth getting the Bosch ECU and the newer throttle body. Or even doing that anyway and prevent some of these issues repeating. I'm just unsure how big a can of worms I'd be opening by doing this!
    Answering my own query. With and without hole butterfly assembly below:
    Throttle body assy.JPG

9. #39 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Answering my own query. With and without hole butterfly assembly below:
    Throttle body assy.JPG
    , the ones with th hole are what you want, you would have to change the whole harness to use the Bosh one

10. #40 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks @BigPhil. After I sent my post I thought, of course I can't just switch the ECU to a different brand ECU. Although a bit fiddly, I got to the throttle body and I'm in luck with the one with a hole in.

Although quite a few poorly protected wires on the loom, so I can see why water ingress can cause a few faults!

Now to find a garage that can calibrate the TPS once the ECU arrives...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast