Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
    Thanks @BigPhil. After I sent my post I thought, of course I can't just switch the ECU to a different brand ECU. Although a bit fiddly, I got to the throttle body and I'm in luck with the one with a hole in.

Although quite a few poorly protected wires on the loom, so I can see why water ingress can cause a few faults!

Now to find a garage that can calibrate the TPS once the ECU arrives...
    I have read somewhere that the newer adjustable one does not need it, check ignition switch wiring the plastic cover on mine was all broken up letting in water my switch went faulty so I stripped it down and it had been arching cleaned up the contacts greased with silicone grease and reassembled it is fine now all harnesses parts with a plastic sleeve over the wires, wires from lights, wires down to side stand switch all have this cheap plastic sleeve which has craked leaving exposed wires, I have use insulation tape over the existing sleeve.

2. #42 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your comments Phil, the new adjusted ECU turned up and I've fitted it. It's throwing a TPS Low error (error code 1) so will put the old one back on as to not break the something and ride over to a CFMoto Dealer/garage to get their computer on it to get it calibrated.

In the mean time, I followed your guidance and taped/greased up and risky wires. Fingers crossed I can get the new ECU running and get some rides in before winter!

3. #43 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for your comments Phil, the new adjusted ECU turned up and I've fitted it. It's throwing a TPS Low error (error code 1) so will put the old one back on as to not break the something and ride over to a CFMoto Dealer/garage to get their computer on it to get it calibrated.

In the mean time, I followed your guidance and taped/greased up and risky wires. Fingers crossed I can get the new ECU running and get some rides in before winter!
    , the manual shows how to calibrate the TPS, there are youtube videos as well on calibrating the TPS with a meter, but alternatively take it to a CFMOTO dealer, they plug in their tester and on menu item is Calibrate TPS, they simply select the menu item and it calibrates the ECU automatically no adjusting the TPS

4. #44 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    , the manual shows how to calibrate the TPS, there are youtube videos as well on calibrating the TPS with a meter, but alternatively take it to a CFMOTO dealer, they plug in their tester and on menu item is Calibrate TPS, they simply select the menu item and it calibrates the ECU automatically no adjusting the TPS
    I watched a few youtube videos and then stumbled on the below Dealer guide to calibrate the TPS and it seemed a much simpler option. Shame you can't buy the diagnostic tool anymore, at $396 AUD + GST (around £230) it doesn't sound like too bad an investment, as I imagine the Dealer will charge a reasonable amount to calibrate the TPS...
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...rationpdf-mojo

5. #45 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    I watched a few youtube videos and then stumbled on the below Dealer guide to calibrate the TPS and it seemed a much simpler option. Shame you can't buy the diagnostic tool anymore, at $396 AUD + GST (around £230) it doesn't sound like too bad an investment, as I imagine the Dealer will charge a reasonable amount to calibrate the TPS...
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...rationpdf-mojo
    this is how to do it with a multimeter and is shown in workshop manual, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtHxWypWkY

6. #46 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    this is how to do it with a multimeter and is shown in workshop manual, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtHxWypWkY
    Why not join my WK650TR/CFMOTO 650 Owners facebook group

7. #47 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Noob
    Why not join my WK650TR/CFMOTO 650 Owners facebook group
    Sure thing, what am I search on FB to find it? Or send me a link in a PM?

8. #48 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @Dreamwalker @jose1984 Have you both resolved your ECu issues?

I've got the dreaded 47/48 FI error codes and the side stand engine cut off has just stopped working too. Was looking to change the O2 sensors and see if that resolved it but after reading thsi forum it's looking likely to be the ECU.

I had seen this ECU, but it looks to be a different part number to mine so unsure, my ECU has "432407300" printed on it and underneath is B 650 05/12
    https://cqjns.en.alibaba.com/product...74000_ECU.html

Hi,

apologies for the delay getting back to you. I went around a different way, it's only my way of doing things so I can't advise it; basically I bypassed the side stand and clutch switch. and I found a weird way to resolve the issue when it dies to start with but you won't believe it until I do a video!!

I do have a spare ECU, managed to get it on eBay and will keep it as spare for a rainy day.

9. #49 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1984 View Post
    Hi, apologies for the delay getting back to you. I went around a different way, it's only my way of doing things so I can't advise it; basically I bypassed the side stand and clutch switch. and I found a weird way to resolve the issue when it dies to start with but you won't believe it until I do a video!! I do have a spare ECU, managed to get it on eBay and will keep it as spare for a rainy day.
    Sounds interesting... Look forward to the video!
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #50 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Sounds interesting... Look forward to the video!
    Let me know your thoughts:

https://youtu.be/xfbzcfFkGYg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast