https://youtu.be/xfbzcfFkGYg
    this is a link to a bike stopping not to fixing the errors

2. #52 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    this is a link to a bike stopping not to fixing the errors
    Phil what happens is the following:

- before starting the bike it has a couple of errors
    - if you start it normally after a few seconds it dies and shows error codes
    - however if after starting it, I hit the kill switch on and off, it stays running without any error codes

Hope that makes sense!!

3. #53 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1984 View Post
    Phil what happens is the following:

- before starting the bike it has a couple of errors
    - if you start it normally after a few seconds it dies and shows error codes
    - however if after starting it, I hit the kill switch on and off, it stays running without any error codes

Hope that makes sense!!
    What are the codes you are getting, we did not have any problems starting or running, we had 47 and 48 codes which appeared after running a few minutes, we also had side stand not cutting engine when in gear but lap worked OK, there is an output from the ECU goes trough a second pole of the switch and back in to the ECU, if water gets in the switch or cable connector, it shorts the ECU blowing it.

4. #54 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi guys,

sorry for the late reply. The aftermarket ecu works fine. Did on mine already 7000 km before the end of autumn. My adjusted has a bit higher fuel consumption - 4.5 to 5.5 l /before 3.8 - 4.8/.

The ECU solved everything. I had to change also the ingnition coils, those were damaged. Their malfunction caused unstable idling etc. ehrn ythey got hot.

So far I have noticed:
    very stable idling
    smoother acceleration and also smoother run between 2000 - 3000 RPM
    when idling or moving in congested cities in summer, the engine gets hot and shows 5 squares temperature, with the old ecu it showed only 4, but with the old one the idling became unstabel when hot always. New ecu even when 5 squares hot idles stable.

I am very happy with this aftermarket ecu. My friends ordered 2 standard versions. we already got them and will test them next season. I do believe, tha t ecu and coils have to be changed both at least. in case of other issues after changing these 2 items, look after injectors, fuel pump, ...and other EFI parts.

5. #55 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Hi guys,

sorry for the late reply. The aftermarket ecu works fine. Did on mine already 7000 km before the end of autumn. My adjusted has a bit higher fuel consumption - 4.5 to 5.5 l /before 3.8 - 4.8/.

The ECU solved everything. I had to change also the ingnition coils, those were damaged. Their malfunction caused unstable idling etc. ehrn ythey got hot.

So far I have noticed:
    very stable idling
    smoother acceleration and also smoother run between 2000 - 3000 RPM
    when idling or moving in congested cities in summer, the engine gets hot and shows 5 squares temperature, with the old ecu it showed only 4, but with the old one the idling became unstabel when hot always. New ecu even when 5 squares hot idles stable.

I am very happy with this aftermarket ecu. My friends ordered 2 standard versions. we already got them and will test them next season. I do believe, tha t ecu and coils have to be changed both at least. in case of other issues after changing these 2 items, look after injectors, fuel pump, ...and other EFI parts.
    How did you calibrate the TPS

6. #56 Re: CF650TK ECU remove potting compound 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    How did you calibrate the TPS
    I took the bike to the CFMOTO local dealer and they used their OBD for CF bikes to calibrate TPS. I was able to drive it without any issue with the FI blnking the error code for TPS calibration.

I also tried to move the TPS senzor after the calibration and I have realised, ,that after you store the calibration to ECU, you can easily switch old TPS and new one and adjust it manually to stop FI indication. Small disproportion is not that much issue, as it just handles the fuel-air mixture ratioo based on the throttle position of flaps - how much they are opened. But if it would be too much, you could have not smooth ride.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456