Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: mikilon m96

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 mikilon m96 
    C-Moto Noob
    Any one else got much experience with the mikilon m96 -125sb?

I've been looking for a decent manual, tips for setting idle etc etc

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    It appears to have a Loncin 170MM engine. I believe it's a clone of the Yamaha YZF250 or YZ250 of around year 2000, so you would be better off looking for a manual for the Yamaha than for the Loncin. The Chinese are not too hot on issuing technical info.

There are a couple of yamaha YZ manuals in this amazing list of downloads from Carl Salter:

http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    thats forchetto, thought as much

here's a pic of the carb I'm trying to get details for

the first photo shows a screw thats held by 2 locking nuts (idle screw?), and the second photo shows a screw in the main body. I'm guessing that the second one is the mixture screw? does this sound correct

ps here's a few build pics as well
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (17.7 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (20.5 KB, 42 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (21.0 KB, 38 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (70.0 KB, 37 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.JPG (37.8 KB, 47 views)

Andy,

The second screw is almost definitely (let just say definitely) the air/fuel mixture adjustment screw. As far as the first screw, I never seen an idle screw that was locked down by two nuts and not adjustable by hand.

If you have the type of carb that raises a needle/plunger assembly when you apply the throttle, then the idle speed set screw is usually on the upper barrel which houses the needle/plunger unit, usually sticking out at a 90 degree angle.

If you have a CV type carb, I think the idle adjustment screw is usually attached to a small frame which adjusts the resting position of the throttle cam. These screws usually sit in line with the cable.

Either way, I don't believe I've ever seen an idle screw locked down by two nuts. Do you have any other pictures of the carb?

C
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Noob
    here's a few more pics carl
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.JPG (36.6 KB, 35 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.JPG (44.6 KB, 32 views)
    • File Type: jpg c.JPG (46.7 KB, 32 views)
    • File Type: jpg d.JPG (43.0 KB, 33 views)

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    It's an odd carb that. The double nut-locked thing is part of the accelerator pump mechanism. That's that thing hanging off the bottom of the float chamber. Probably adjusts the stroke of the pump or the timing.

Another oddity is the idle mixture screw. Contrary to most other slide carbs, this one is situated on the engine side of the carb rather than the air filter side. This means that it controls fuel flow rather than air flow to the idle circuit and has to be turned anti-clockwise to richen and clockwise to lean the mixture. Need a shortened screwdriver for that. There's not much clearance there.

The idle speed screw has to be somewhere close to the black "wheel" thing that has the throttle cable on picture 4 on the second set. It's probably knurled for hand adjustment.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    will keep on digging, its a keihin 28mm carb but can't seem to find the right manual

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I think they're called PZ. They come with or without an accelerator pump. This option is often used on ATV's to improve the response at low revs.
    The idle screw is just behind that black wheel thing, on the body of the carb and can be accesed through the wheel.

The make is DENI made by ZHANJIANG DENI CARBURETOR CO., LTD. They're part of the Japanese KEIHIN group, and the most common model is the PZ27 (27 mm).

Sometimes people call them DEKNI because the logo has a stylised "K" in the middle.

The "K" is part of the KEIHIN logo, (the "dot" on the "I"):

Google "DENI PZ27" and you get lots of references, but the "pumper" model with accelerator pump is hard to find. This is a picture of the PZ27 without the pump mechanism. You can see the mixture screw right in front of you and if you look to the left side you can see the idle speed screw, the one with a spring on it:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    thanks guys worked it out in the end it was under the black plastic cam. its recessed and not easy to find
    Attached Images

Andy,

Glad you found the idle set screw although that's one helluva inconvenient place to put it! Normally those things are easy to set by hand or a flat head screwdriver. You see that little doughnut shaped metal bump on the right side of the slider housing? Normally there's a screw in that location which raises the slide up and down as needed and this adjusts the throttle (see the attached picture below). Not really sure how yours actually works though but it's good that now we all know!

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Another oddity is the idle mixture screw. Contrary to most other slide carbs, this one is situated on the engine side of the carb rather than the air filter side. This means that it controls fuel flow rather than air flow to the idle circuit and has to be turned anti-clockwise to richen and clockwise to lean the mixture. Need a shortened screwdriver for that. There's not much clearance there..
    I think most of the slide type carbs I ever used and/or serviced in China had the mixture screw towards the engine. You're right that this one doesn't give you much space to work with but at least the screw head itself is exposed. Some of them were recessed and that made it damn near impossible to even see where the screwdriver was going even if you could manage to get it in there. Basically, any time you wanted to play with the mixture, you had to either use a tiny driver and get burned or remove the carb.

CC
    Attached Images
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast