Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 QingQi 2008 On-line Catalog 
    Thanks to help from QingQi's headquarters in Jinan, we're pleased to be able to post QingQi's 2008 Product catalog. Includes full specifications as well as EPA or E4 certifications.

Feel free to browse the pages here and click on the images for the full size (each full size image is ~350k).

- Front/Back Cover -

- Table of Contents -

- Pages 2-3: QM125-2A and QM125-10N(ET) -

- Page 4-5: Qm125/200 2D -

- Pages 6-7: QM125L-48/QM250 and QM150L-4C(M) -

- Pages 8-9: QM30QT-2 and QM50QT-2M -

- Pages 10-11: QM50QT-6A(A) and QM50-QT-6D -

- Pages 12-13: QM50(125)T-10 (A,C) and QN\M50(125)T-10A (D,B) -

-Pages 14-15: QM50T/125T-10E and QM50T/125-10V -

- Pages 16-17: QM125-10H(D) -

-Pages 18-19: QM110-3C and QM110-3F -

- Pages 20-21: QM110-3G and QM125GY-2D -

- Pages 22-23: QM125GY-2B(SD)/QM200GY-B(SD) -

Pages 24-25: QM125GY-2B(ASD) and QM200GY-B(ASD)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

CrazyCarl,
    Is the 2008 QM200GY-B (Supermoto) coming to the US with a rear disc brake. If so, I would be very interested in getting one of these. Any idea or thoughts?

Would this bike handle my 50 mile round trip to work and back? I only work 7 days out of 14, so it's not like it would have to do it everyday.

Thanks!

SamM
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650E8F
    2006 QLink X-Ranger 200

Sam,

Yes the bike will have no problems handling a 50miles round trip to work and back. Suzuki engine is strong and reliable (but the exhaust note is kind of wimpy). Some reducing the rear tooth count will help lower the RPMs at speed like others have done. I got to briefly ride one at the ChongQing show and it's a snappy little ride. I like how incredibly light weight these bikes are.

Availability in a rear disc brake depends on the importer's specifications and QLink only imports them with rear drum brakes. I think Qlink has exclusive rights to distribute them in North America. Obviously a rear disk brake option is available and would be more competitive for almost the same cost. At the factory I saw the 125 version of the bike on the assbly' line with rear disk brakes so I know it's easily possible.

I have been trying to encourage QingQi to come to North America under their own flag but it seems to be a huge financial risk as they would like to do so with the regular method of establishing dealership networks, service centers and the whole deal offering the same level of service as any larger manufacturer.

Considering the price-point, I think QingQi's product is good enough to put on most any showroom floors but dealers will want some free samples up front and some manufacturers might not like to take that risk...but hell...that's the game right? :wink:

Considering the position most Chinese manufacturers are in when dealing with Western markets, it will take some creative marketing strategies and a little risk taking to get established. Many may try, but few will succeed.

I have heard, but not seen any evidence, that QingQi will have a GN250 engine based model coming out by the end of 2008. Whether or not that will make it to North America is still up in the air. I think we'd all like to see it but that decision is not entirely up to us. If I receive some info on the 250 model, you can be sure I'll let you know here!

CC

Carl,
    After my recent warranty dealings with QLink, I'd be apprehensive about going down the path with them again. Especially, because I'd be dealing with the same dealer that didn't help me with the last bike. Of course, I could drive to another dealer but I don't think these people here are taking these bikes seriously yet. They seem to treat them as disposible. All my dealer would say to me is, "Hey, it's Chinese! You knew what you were getting!" If the bike had a rear drum brake, I'd be more interested. I agree with your assessment, the bike looks high quality and would look good on any showroom floor. It's too bad the local Suzuki dealer won't stock these. They seem to be fearful that these bikes would take sales away from their other lines. I believe they would just get more people that are on the fence about motorcycles to pull the trigger and make the commitment. There are many people out there that would like to ride but they are concerned with getting a large machine and then hurting themselves. Then you have the financial commitment. The price and size of these would help with those concerns. Many dealers are missing the boat.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about getting a new bike. The Shineray that Mike has is an awesome looking machine but the quality of the QingQi Supermoto is hard to overlook. Either of these bikes would serve me well. The Shrineray would be more off-road capable and that's what I really need. Decisions, decisions...! The dualsport version of the QingQi is very nice too! Holding off for a model with disc brakes and a 250cc engine is what I'll probably do. A six-speed would be even better. I've been saving for a new 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S. The price of the KLX is $4899. I could save quite a bit with the purchase of a C-Moto.

There is no doubt that these are very nice bikes.

Sam
    Last edited by SamM; 04-22-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650E8F
    2006 QLink X-Ranger 200

Sam, FWIW, the Qlink version of the 200GY does have a drum brake. The wheels and engine parts can be swapped off a DR200...which also uses rear drum.

That said, it's still probably better to wait until the end of the year to see if any new promising models come out.

On a different note, we should get together and ride sometime when I'm back in NA.

CC

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Sorry, something went wrong there. See next message.
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-29-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

7. #7 New Chinese GY250 Suzuki GN250 powered dual-sport 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I have heard, but not seen any evidence, that QingQi will have a GN250 engine based model coming out by the end of 2008. Whether or not that will make it to North America is still up in the air. I think we'd all like to see it but that decision is not entirely up to us. If I receive some info on the 250 model, you can be sure I'll let you know here!

CC
    Looks like someone has stolen their thunder, Carl. There's this bike I found by chance, and it looks like it has the 250cc twin exhaust port GN250 engine. They even claim on the site that it's a Suzuki engine and has a "Suzuki power" sticker on the swinging arm. The oil filter cover also appears to say "Suzuki"
    Certainly looks mean...The maker seems to be the DUCAR GROUP (sometimes spelled as "DUKAR")...yes, never heard of them either!. They describe themselves on their site with this mouthfull:

Company brifely introduction:

CHINA DUCAR GROUP consists of Chongqing Dajiang Motorcycle Co., Ltd,Chongqing Dajiang Motorcycle Engine Manufacture Co., Ltd, Chongqing Dajiang Power Equipment Co., Ltd Chongqing Dajiang Motorcycle Sales Co. Ltd and Chongqing Dajiang Imp & Exp Co

Their site is at: http://dukarmoto.diytrade.com/sdp/20...in-769821.html

The page for the 250 cc model is at http://dukarmoto.diytrade.com/sdp/20...d/2787137.html

On this view you can clearly see the two-exhaust ports, with very poor and unsightly routing of one of the pipes, and the name "Suzuki" clearly stamped on the oil filter housing.

Qingqi does have some models that use the GN250 engine, but they're not the sort of thing we would want, like this fire tender motorcycle, (I thought I'd seen everything, but the Chinese never cease to amaze me...:

Don't want to labour the point, but these people also have a dirt bike with a GN250 engine and clain on their web site that they have Suzuki technology and capital...http://www.wonjan.com.cn/doce/products.asp

Last edited by forchetto; 08-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

8. #8 Re: New Chinese GY250 Suzuki GN250 powered dual-sport 
    C-Moto Noob
    i am from greece.Can anyone help me find an air filter for QingQi 125T-10v or buyit for me and ship me? Any website

9. #9 Re: New Chinese GY250 Suzuki GN250 powered dual-sport 
    Last edited by humanbeing; 05-01-2015 at 03:02 AM.

10. #10 Re: New Chinese GY250 Suzuki GN250 powered dual-sport 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone.
    My bike is a 200 qm any Qingqi 2015.si can advise me, would suspend air induction valve to escape, because I think it takes away power to the motor and too hot exhaust pipe and the exhaust produces many esplosiones .
    Thank vien any opinion is coming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast