Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Lexmoto Venom Carb 
    C-Moto Noob
    To keep myself sane during lockdown, I've set about working on my battered Venom 125 to get it vaguely roadworthy. Bought it off a insurance company with a few scrapes for next to nothing, so my expectations were surpassed when it arrived as it's way above the previous crud i've owned.

Been through most of the bike, changed the chain, new shift linkage and a good fettle of the electrics. Had the carb out when I got it, ran it through with carb cleaner, had the jets out and drained and replaced the fuel as I wasn't sure when it was last run.

Long story short, it runs like a dog, requires choke long after it's up to temparature and it bogs in any gear above 2nd with even the lightest touch of the throttle.

Has anyone on here upgraded the carb to something more reliable and if so do you have any recommendations? I'm 99% sure it's the carb, and i'm pretty sure it's all clear and set up as best as my limited capabilites allow.

Cheers in advance

Chris

2. #2 Re: Lexmoto Venom Carb 
    Valve clearceance still within limts? Honda ohc (CB as the chinese calls it) recommends in/ex 0.1mm for similar bore & stroke. Are Air filter plugged? Nothing cracked on intake manifold? Tried another new spark plug? The mixture seal lost easily if using air gun cleaning, the trick to quick fix (moile user need to cheat as PC to view the page ): https://www.motorfans.com.cn/forum.p...authorid=75082
    Kehin clone PZ26 or Mikuni VM22 are plug & play for such 125...

3. #3 Re: Lexmoto Venom Carb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Valve clearceance still within limts? Honda ohc (CB as the chinese calls it) recommends in/ex 0.1mm for similar bore & stroke. Are Air filter plugged? Nothing cracked on intake manifold? Tried another new spark plug? The mixture seal lost easily if using air gun cleaning, the trick to quick fix (moile user need to cheat as PC to view the page ): https://www.motorfans.com.cn/forum.p...authorid=75082
    Kehin clone PZ26 or Mikuni VM22 are plug & play for such 125...
    Thank you,

The valve clearances are ok, I’ve got a Haynes manual for the engine and they were fairly close to the figures in the book. I’ve put a new NGK plug in, and the old one wasn’t too bad anyway.

It could be air getting in somewhere, So I will check it.

Cheers for the heads up on the forum, I’ll see if I can find CG one.