Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Honda Rebel 250

1. #1 Honda Rebel 250 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well, it looks like plans change and I may be heading home. I want to leave my beloved Rebel in good hands. She still needs some work (timing chain) but she has carried me faithfully. With plates, 2000 RMB. I can email pics. Located near Shanghai/Suzhou.

2k is a great deal! I hope someone takes this up!!!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Senior C-Moto Guru
    I wish i can take up that offer, as i am not really sure i will like riding in China, and 2000 seems since i am not sure i will keep the bike. For me, nothing can replace the freedom and comfort a motorcycle gives. But i am also not sure its safe to ride in China.
    But i live in Kunming, is there a way to do this? Is it possible to transfer the registration to Kunming later (for insurance and other things) ? And what about transportation ? Maybe its not a good idea Can it be done?

C-Moto Senior
    2000 rmb is about 350 US dollars. However, I would suggest you find something locally in Kunming. I wouldn't suggest you try to get it there.

It needs some work, specifically something with the timing chain and possibly the clutch. Right now it rides fine, but there is a rattle in the Engine and the clutch is not taking up smartly.

As for legallity, it's kinda legal, not fully. It missed (not failed, just missed) it's last inspection (before I owned it) so legally it should be scrapped. Therefore the plates are expired, techincally. I haven't had any problem with the police (except they always want to know how fast it is) but ymmv.

NastyNass
    Is your Rebel Still available?I'm in Shanghai I could be really interested...Can we fix the plates problem? Coz I'm planning to go for a raod trip in October and I prefer being clear with police !!

C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacer View Post
    Is your Rebel Still available?I'm in Shanghai I could be really interested...Can we fix the plates problem? Coz I'm planning to go for a raod trip in October and I prefer being clear with police !!
    He sold the bike a month ago. Unfortunately it was in a state where he wouldn't have wanted to sell it to a friend by that point.

C-Moto Senior
    At the point I sold it, it had decided to spiral down in a failure cascade. The battery wasn't charging (rectifier or stator), the main seal between the crankcase halves was hemorrhaging oil, the handlebars were bent from an ill advised dirt getoff, the carbs were in odd condition, 4 of the spokes on the rear wheel were broken and it was backfiring like my great aunt lilian.

Stupid thing never left me by the side of the road but it generally tried to humiliate me. Like the many times the electricals went out, meaning a trip back from Shanghai with no lights.

Or the times the shifter broke, forcing me to ride 8 km to the shop in 1st gear, making all the bystanders wonder why I couldn't ride.

Or the fact I have been riding for 5 years, but both getoffs I have had were both on this bike.

Or the time the headlamp fell off and I immediately ran over it.

Or the time the bolts holding the pillion seat vibrated loose and I had drive a girl somewhere.

Or the times the starter went and I would paddle the bike down the main street in my town, much to the hilarity of all.

Or the times the sidepanels would vibrate off.

Or the many times one cylinder would go out intermittently, giving me a max speed of about 45 km/h, with short jumps up to 120 km/h.

I'll miss it.

C-Moto Senior
    At the point I sold it, it had decided to spiral down in a failure cascade. The battery wasn't charging (rectifier or stator), the main seal between the crankcase halves was hemorrhaging oil, the handlebars were bent from an ill advised dirt getoff, the carbs were in odd condition, 4 of the spokes on the rear wheel were broken and it was backfiring like my great aunt lilian.

Stupid thing never left me by the side of the road but it generally tried to humiliate me. Like the many times the electricals went out, meaning a trip back from Shanghai with no lights.

Or the times the shifter broke, forcing me to ride 8 km to the shop in 1st gear, making all the bystanders wonder why I couldn't ride.

Or the fact I have been riding for 5 years, but both getoffs I have had were both on this bike.

Or the time the headlamp fell off and I immediately ran over it.

Or the time the bolts holding the pillion seat vibrated loose and I had drive a girl somewhere.

Or the times the starter went and I would paddle the bike down the main street in my town, much to the hilarity of all.

Or the times the sidepanels would vibrate off.

I'll miss it.

9. #9 Re: Honda Rebel 250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcanjim View Post
    Well, it looks like plans change and I may be heading home. I want to leave my beloved Rebel in good hands. She still needs some work (timing chain) but she has carried me faithfully. With plates, 2000 RMB. I can email pics. Located near Shanghai/Suzhou.
    im interested with this one. but i think it will need work really (timing chains, covers, & guides) can you send me pics? thanks a lot

10. #10 Re: Honda Rebel 250 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ishie View Post
    im interested with this one. but i think it will need work really (timing chains, covers, & guides) can you send me pics? thanks a lot