Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 RoadRash's new ride!!! 
    For those of you following the saga, I broke down today and picked up a new bike. I decided to wait for the 250 Motard and go with an endoro version this time.

I will post some more when I take her up to the mountians.

Cheers,
    Spoony

2. #2 Oops. 
    here is the pics.
    Attached Images

Spoony...

That's almost exactly like the first QingQi I got! I named it "Black Dog". ChinaV went on to use it then Brice took in for a grand adventure as well. I think you'll have a lot of fun with her!

Congrats!!!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hey Road, pick up about 20 of those rear racks. A lot of us are looking for them for our bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Hey Road, pick up about 20 of those rear racks. A lot of us are looking for them for our bikes.
    I'm working on it! I'll let everyone know when I get something in... should be relatively soon.

CC

Thanks every one, I think I will be really happy with it, it rides just as good as the motard on the street and I think it should do ok off road.

I think I want to do some mods to this one, change the rear sprocket put a slip-on on it and re-jet it. I was reading on some of the other posts were some guys have done this and get a little more speed out it. I'm not sure how to get these parts here in China but will start working on it later this week. I'm actually going legal with this one, trying to get it registered tomorrow, I can't do it here in Xian, but my wife is from Hu Xian its like the next little town over, and I think we can do it that way by using her parents address. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a license, some of the other ex-pats here say do this or that but so far I haven't put much effort into it. I hope to take the bike up to the Qin Ling mountains this week end and put it through some off road stuff. I'll try to take some pics

RR

I can post this in the mod section, but does any one know if its worth while trying to put better springs in the front forks?

Howdy Road Rash,

Congratulations on the QingQi, I'm sure you will have lots of fun tearing up the roads and trails on your new ride.

I few things that you might want to think about:

Spokes: Get a spoke wrench and check the rear ones often.... especially if you do any two up riding or hit lots of big bumps out on the trails. When the spokes gets loose, the rear sprocket will follow and eventually sheer off the bolts.

There is a nice tutorial on the valve adjustment here. Do it after 1000 kilometers and check them every 5-10k.

It's going to be tough to find a good pipe and a mechanic that can tune the carb correctly. I would leave it stock, but others will probably disagree.

Rubber footpegs, handlebar risers, and some bar end weights will really smooth out the ride. Those parts should be easy to find in any motorcycle market in China.

If you go to taobao.com and do a search on QM200, you will find lots of online sellers with plenty of parts for the QingQi. Chinese wives can be very helpful when it comes to shopping on taobao.

About the front forks and rear suspension... I don't think you need to change springs, a little heavier fork oil might help, but you don't look bigger than CC, Brice or me and we all road the same bike fully loaded. I would definately check the air pressure in the rear shock. You will probably need to visit a mountain bike shop to find the correct pump. Read more about that here.

Sprockets: Did you get the 520 chain/sprocket version or the 428 ? It's pretty easy to find the front sprocket because it fits a whole bunch of other Chinese bikes. I would go up one tooth on the front instead of playing with the rear, it's easier to do and easier to find the part here.

Good luck with the new ride, we expect lots of ride reports and pictures .

Cheers
    ChinaV

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    I can post this in the mod section, but does any one know if its worth while trying to put better springs in the front forks?
    Not really. First off, where would you get the springs? It's probably easier to do the ol' spacer under the fork cap trick and see what happens. The other option is to change to heavier fork oil but it's not so easy to find fork oil with correct weight designations in China.

CC