I know a bunch of e-bike (e-bicycle) riders and also tried these myself. During rush hours, they are incredible fast, no way to follow by car or in some situations (red lights ) even by moto! The weak point of these are the batteries (performance, lifetime). If my way to work would be in the mileage range of an e-bike, I'd definitely have one.

P.S.
Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
Yes wishful thinking....but you seem in favor of cars so much, maybe you own and drive one...?

Well I'm a car hater, I admit it!

Except when they are on racetracks and are rear wheel drive and have over 200KW of power, in which case cars kick ass!
We own 2 cars (Volkswagen), one of which is 3 days and 700kms old The car I gave away a couple of days ago was a "mychinacar" (sucks)
My daily work return trip is 150+ km and I cherish the relative safety and comfort of a car, particularly in winter (we had -8C, 40km/h winds tonight). I leave when it's still dark and I return when it is dark again. The bike is no option from November to February, neither is a e-bike or pedal one all year.
I hate traffic jams as well as ridiculous parking fees and therefore use public transport or the bike to go downtown.
I have driven 1 M+ kms (200k+ thereof in China) in cars, accident free, consider myself a safe and defensive driver (wife would disagree ) and join add on courses from time to time, but I am aware that things can still go wrong
BUT
I love motorbikes - with 2 wheels