I found out through browsing pages deep into Google that my Kinlon KBR GL 200 GY2 (what a lot of numbers!) is basically, or was, once called a 'Roketa' and thus I got to find some basic manuals online and so on.

Does anybody here know more of the manufacturer 'Kinlon' and any name changes? Chongqing Kinlon S & T Group Co., Ltd.

It would be handy to know of other bike parts or makes that would fit this machine too. Like a rear luggage rack, windshield (I am 188 cm tall and need one badly).

I am growing to like it a lot, only done 300km so far but that is only because I have a smashed back and cannot ride far. I don't like or trust the importers much as they never offer any help just say bring it in (to make money obviously). I live a 100 km from them and do not want to take it in for tune-ups etc or small questions I have as I learn. I am not really mechanically competent but willing to have a go.

The local bike shop is refusing to touch it or even look at it (jap bikes only they say), they have had some bad experiences of chinese bikes. Well I am old enough to remember UK riders saying bad things about jap bikes and without meaning to be culturally incorrect, a few million chinese amd asian bike owners cannot all be wrong! I think my bike has a chance of lasting if I maintain it and even improve it a little over time, thus my search for information.

And one day when I am not so scared I want to take it on more than 30km round trips!!!