What are other's experiences with the longevity of the throttle cable on their China bike ?

The reason I ask, is because I have just had to order another one, which kind of bothers me, as the last replacement throttle cable has done no more than four miles of normal road use. Ok, my cable is not broken as such, but on refitting it today, connecting up to the throttle tube, a bunch of cable strands sprang up. On looking closely at it, it does appear to be caused by corrosion, the wires have broken free where the cable nipple fixes onto the wire.

I still have the old cable, it came in the box of bits I got with the bike, it seems that one failed in the same place, just below the pressed on aluminium nipple. I also have the remains of another throttle cable, but it has no inner, so I cannot see what caused that one to be removed, but three failed throttle cables so far, ( 3995 miles), I will be watching this next one very carefully and prior to fitment, I will be giving the inner a good soaking in oil to help that galvanised corrosion resistance do it's job.

But could there be more to this I wonder, could these cables be fitted incorrectly, could that be a factor in their failure.

Would anyone like to describe the procedure for fitting a throttle cable, Also does anyone have any tips for extending/enhancing the performance of bowden control cables ?

I always in the past prior to fitment of bowden cables used to submerge the whole assembly in a good quality oil and leave it submerged for an hour to see the end of all the air bubbles. Then drag it out and hang it up overnight to allow excess oil to drip out. Cable inners I could get out I would coat with a grease prior to insertion in the outer, the grease acts to seal the oil in the cable. When the cable is fitted, go at it with the normal lube procedure as per service interval stuff.