Hey everyone,

I thought I would sign up here for some advice on buying a Chinese motorcycle in Aus as many of the dealers are a bit slow to respond or don't seem to give the the answers I am after. I am looking to buy a cheap bike to commute to work (usually sitting on 100km/h, 40km of highway, but its a parking lot during peak hour, I travel at odd hours, ie 3:30am or 11:30pm).

I will be using my tax return to buy a bike, and don't want to stretch too much into my own cash, budgeting maximum Au $5000 on the road, COULD stretch to $6000 if it was spectacular.
My needs;
* Able to sit on 100km/h without lots of aftermarket changes, just stock or BASIC mods that I could get done by the dealer.
* Reliable, enough to last me 2 years use possibly. I am an ex-cycle courier and have always done my own work, except scheduled servicing. Managed to get my old Hyosung 650 to last almost 350 000km before the camchain snapped!
* 'Spirited' riding up to 50km/h or so.

Currently looking at the following but need some help with information!
*Torino Terra 250 (Lifan LF250GY-7 watercooled SM). I asked Torino about Lifans quoted top speed of 100km/h and max power of 13kW. They replied that their version is slightly more powerful? and that the free dirt tyres would gear it higher, can you gear them with easily obtained sprockets enough to sit comfortably on 100?
$3995 on the road (with something about a 5 year warranty???)

*Torino Terra 400 (Xing Yue XY400)
Currently $4999 ride away
Got great reviews from cycle torque.

*Laro SPT350 (Unknown manufacturer, please tell me!)
MASSIVE 28L petrol tank, close to 20kW of power, looks hot, 2YR unlimited KM warranty.
Currently $5999 expensive! I could get a hyosung GT250 with 21kW for that price.

*Sachs x-road 250
$4999

*Megelli 250 s/r
new liquid cooled model $4999 for naked, $5499 for full body.

YES! liquid cooled 24.5 HP engine in the S AND R despite the importer only offering the aircooled naked version... I am wondering if the bike shop just put them in there? I saw pictures, definitely a watercooled engine in one of the nakeds.
Edit: some websites advertise the engine is 27hp??

If prices tip near $6000, I am tempted to just save my money and go back to Hyosung and buy another GT650, they come in white now! 59kW of v-twin rumble.