Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
Part of the power restrictions on the 200GY's may come from the company stressing the ability for these machines to pass American and European emissions standards. There's a lot of sweating going on now by some manufacturers because they are affraid the only way to pass the new Euro standards is to move to Fuel Injection....but it takes years to sort out FI on bikes. Even many of the big Japanese companies still haven't work their out yet.

Be honest with you guys, my guess is there's no sure way to tell if Zuki parts will work with no problems without trying it.

I would think sticking a DR200 carb on it would be the first step, then install a DR cam or head. I know other parts like wheels and headlight can be succesfully changed over but, as far as I know, no one has tried swapping engine parts from a DR200.

I guess the idea thing would be to take a DR200 and QM200GY side by side and document their dissasembly. I don't have access to the resources so can't do it imyself.

Qingqi might not be able to officially say whether or not the parts are directly swappable. To legally release these engines under Qingqi name, one could assume that there is a licensing agreement between Suzuki and QQ. This may require lower output engines as part of the deal but I can't verify that.

CC
Thank you Carl, but it still plain sucks! I know of other brands (as Cagiva) that at some times (don`t know if they still keep doing this) have used Suzuki engines. The best example I can remember right now is the Cagiva Raptor, which uses a TL 1000 engine, and if I remember correctly, it even makes more power in the Raptor form. Still dissapointed if what you said got to be true. Well, at the end, the really important thing is the ride. If I had bought this bike for power and speed I would be more lost than a lice in a doll`s head. I have my Yamaha R6 for that.