Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
Dear Bigdamo,

Yes, you certainly did miss something in Beijing. You can ride 30 minutes to the east, north or west and be in twisty road heaven. Not making this up. Oh, and about those mountains. There is at least one peak inside Beijing municipal limits that is 3000m high. You could look it up. The price you pay is insanely bad pollution and traffic and other problems in the city, but compared to Shanghai, Beijing is motorcycle heaven.

cheers!
Well I had a quick look all I could find was highest peak was 2200mtrs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Beijing

Flying into Beijing I could see no big snow capped mountain ranges in summer.Fly into Urumqi you will get an idea of big snow capped mountain range its called the Tian shan it runs the breadth of Xinjaing up into Kazakhstan.

Have a look at roadrunners RR the part where he crossed the Tian shan.That's remote.

But I guess we all think where we live has some of the best riding in China.Strangely enough I think Xinjiang has the best riding 20 minutes I am in the mountains 30 minutes and I am in the Gobi desert that stretches way up to the Russian border.Now that's remote.

Head east and your into the Karakorum mountain range the highway into Pakistan from Xinjiang is quite rightly described as the most scenic in the world.

Your more than welcome to come up and have a look.