Hey Everyone,

There used to be a thread around here with a link to a map which showed which streets in Shanghai are barred to motorcycles, but that link is dead. Anybody know of a good resource for that information in English?

On a related note, Carrefour (Gubei) in Shanghai sell a 8RMB map of Shanghai that indicates which streets are barred to motorcycles, trucks and bicycles, and one-way streets. They currently have the 2012 edition in their "bookstore" section. I find that this map has 2 limitations for most foreigners: the first one is that it is in Chinese. While I can decipher a lot of the characters, I am just too slow in doing that and I would need to plan a route long in advance. The other problem is that the "no-motorbike" symbol is placed on roads with no clear indication of where the affected stretch of road begins and ends.

This map will make do, and it's the best I have found so far, but I was wondering if there is anything else out there. Maybe an MCM user took the time over the years to mark-up an English map?

Thanks in advance,

DipStick
Pissed to find out that he can't ride on the Bund.