Quote Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
On a related note, finally picked up my YBR250 yesterday. But still no plates in spite of best efforts. Full story and pictures are posted here.
And to finish up the story: Finally got my plates on Saturday! The fixer came to deliver them straight to the office (we are in the middle of a move, hence the boxes in the background and the informal wear. Next to me is our office logistics officer, who bless her heart helped me considerably through this months-long process! We had to work extra-hard because the rules say that I am not entitled to another set of plates (I already have a set for my car). Lots of back and forth with the authorities but in the end we managed to wear them down. Now I got it all: the license, the registration, the green book and the plates!

IMG_2762.jpg

I could not install them the same day because I was busy with the move until 4 in the morning. But on Saturday afternoon, I finally put them on.

Front:

IMG_2766.jpg

and back:

IMG_2767.jpg

The "Jianshe" sticker comes right out nicely, without leaving any mess behind:

IMG_2768.jpg

There, gone!

IMG_2769.jpg

So that's it! I'm planning on taking my first ride today in my neighbourhood. Slow and easy. The weather is nice, a little on the hot side, but the sweat will be sweet.