Hello My China Moto members!

I just wanted let everyone know about a trip my girlfriend Amy and I have just recently set out on a little over a week ago that we are calling The Great Ride of China.

On July 19th, we left from Beijing on a CFMOTO 650TR to travel in a counter-clockwise direction, up towards Harbin, across through inner mongolia, towards Xinjiang, into Tibet, up north towards Qinghai (the east of Tibet is closed to foreigners) and then down and around the southern provinces. We're looking covering around 25k-30k kilometers on the trip and it should take us a little over 4 months.

At the moment, we've covered about 2000km and gone through 5 provinces as we arrived in Harbin yesterday, our eastern most point on the trip. Tomorrow we'll be turning north west towards Inner Mongolia and the Russian border before moving west. Really looking forward to the grass plains of inner mongolia!

If there are any riders here in the Dongbei area and you haven't ridden much around Liaoning, I highly recommend it. The roads are probably the nicest I've seen in China so far, and much of the time they were lined with sunflowers which made the air extremely fresh smelling! (A nice change from Beijing smog). Two routes I would recommend in particular are the G305 that cuts across the Dalian peninsula and then the 319 east out of Dalian which winds around the Yalu river and borders North Korea for a good bit of time. It eventually meets up the G201 which parallels the expressway and is really spectacular riding including some great mountain twisties.

I'll be trying to post updates here, but time is scarce of course, so it'll probably be closer to every 2 weeks. We do try and post pretty regularly on our weibo and other social accounts (weibo is @骑行中国爱心之旅)and we also have a website www.thegreatrideofchina.com. We are having some page load issues at the moment so please excuse any lag while we get that figured out! On the site though we have pictures updated regularly, a GPS track that we update daily as well as trip stats such as mileage, days, provinces, etc.

Finally, if there are any riders out there who we may happen to cross paths with, would be great to try and meet up on the road!

9348337959_531a4bcbc7_b.jpg

Got hit with quite a bit of rain, but not enough to dampen the spirits!
9351115528_e42fb9c686_b.jpg

A sobering reminder to not take the twisties too fast
9351128668_137bdbd544_t.jpg

Another motorcycle traveler from Guizhou with a 摩托迷 group
IMG_0137.jpg

View of North Korea near Dandong
IMG_0146.jpg