Hey there MCMers, I've started a new project bike!

This is now my third (well technically fourth) project bike that I'm going to put together.

The first one was "The Churchill" which was a scrap CG125 clone that I turned into a cafe racer, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about modifying bikes during the process.

With the Churchill, I threw out the seized 125cc engine and bolted in a 6 speed 250cc, I also completely changed the wheels... this required a lot of modification, I had to modify the rear swingarm to fit in the new large 110 tyre, cut off the center stand and make modifications to the rear brake.. also I had to have a new stem engineered and welded onto the new front triple tree etc as I put on new forks with a disc brake assembly... anyway long story short it was quite a mission and involved many frustrations and setbacks.

This time I want to do it easy, I want to develop a "bolt on" kit that anyone could use to modify their farmer bike CG125 (or clone) into something that looks fantastic but still maintains its practicality.. and it's something that I want anyone to be able to do in about an hour or less with a set of spanners and a screwdriver... so here goes!

Here is the bike I'm going to use:

1237258_10151611281495981_951287860_o.jpg1270279_10151611281675981_1970016391_o.jpg1277399_10151611282300981_553533339_o.jpg

This is a Wuyang Honda CG125, it is legally plated and works perfectly (as Hondas usually do), the only modifications this bike has had is the front light was changed from the stock rectangular one to this cheap little round one, and the ugly chain guard was removed, otherwise stock.

First, find a big box and strip off the seat, indicators, rear and front mud guards, horn, mirrors, instrument cluster and the headlight and throw them violently into the box of CG Shame (be sure to keep all the bolts and nuts in a plastic packet).

nocrap.jpg

box.jpg

This was a very easy process, All I needed were a size 12 spanner for the seat and rear indicator brackets, a size 10 for the rear mud guard, a size 14 for the front indicators and a size 12 for the headlight (also needed a philips screwdriver for the headlight), make sure to tuck in all the wires neatly and disconnect them in a civilised manner, there's only one wire you need to cut and that is connected to the ignition switch, I'll make a more detailed post about that once I describe the new hidden ignition switch.

In the next bit, I'll discuss installing the headlight that I've chosen for the kit.

- SerpentZA