Last weekend the Versys and I had a meeting down in Tellico Plains, NC at the western end of the Cherohala Skyway and near Deals Gap (The Dragon). The idea was to meet a bunch of old Honda V4 cronies down there at Hunt's Motorcycle lodge but first ride the ol' Blue Ridge Parkway down to Boone, NC and stay at the Willville Campground in Meadows of Dan, VA.

A departure from fun and light weight single cylinder bikes, the Versys is more Interstate capable and comfortable for two people. Not only that, but it's my first fuel injected bike and while it proves reliable so far, I do kind of miss the low speed throttle control of carburated bikes.

Both campgrounds are great and worth a visit if you're in the area. Twisty roads are everywhere and the cops are minimal (except on the Dragon of course).

Anyway, here are some pics if you're interested. I may post the GPS tracks later but I expect many of you have already been on the BRP, Cherohala and Dragon.

First lets start with some Versys overlook pics! :)

In Virginia, much of the vistas look like this and get a little more dramatic in North Carolina.

And on the BRP, much of the roads look like this. VERSYS HEAVEN!

There's no doubt the V is a great bike for twisties and an extremely competent all rounder...

...especially when farkled out for touring.

Once at Hunt's Lodge in Tellico I met up with a bunch of old V4 cronies and we did the usual croning and consuming of beans, BBQ and inebriating beverages.

Let not forget good times around camp-fires!

and talking to the wee hours...

Beautiful stars that evening as well. As a matter of fact, the weather couldn't have been better on Friday and Saturday.