Hi,
I'm a university teacher and have been in China for 2 1/2 years.
I've been looking for a used BMW G650 GS for some time now.

I live in Kunming and I've looked on line and through local people. I'm now thinking to buy a Jialing 600 or 650 but I can't find them online.

I really want to buy a used BMW 650 but it seems they are really hard to find in China and people are very unrealistic about their asking price. Most of them are in Eastern China. That's not a problem. I can travel to get one but it needs to be in good condition with low miles and a reasonable (sic) price... I can buy one in the US for $8500 new but the problems associated with importing seem to be too complex for a non chinese speaker. I don't mind paying the tax, shipping and import fees but finding someone to trust in doing this is quite difficult.

Chinese BMW dealers want over $20,000 for a new one and it's a bit much!

Can you provide any information or assistance either for a used BMW 650 or for the Jialing? I really prefer the BMW but I think I may have to resort to the Jialing. I have a Honda 230 and it is just too underpowered for the long trips I want to make in Yunnan, Sichuan and Tibet. That and the seat is too painful to ride for long distances. Some of the trips I want to make will take more than a week.

Thank you for your reply,
Rob