Morning All,

Just wanted some input on a plan I am making to go from Chengdu to Kunming during October week this year. Have a route pretty much planned and then I started coming across old threads circa 2008 like this one saying that as a foreigner riding West on G218 towards Litang had police causing issues and turning people back. Although this was a long time ago I can't see why the situation would have got any better...on the contrary I expect it could have got worse. I know that When Tom (futianshezhen) and George were going to Tibet this road was not allowed to be an entry point for them, so it makes me think even more that this could be an issue.

So basically does anyone have some recent experience of this road and whether it is possible to get as far as Litang before heading South to Daocheng and on to Deqen?

Any and all input much appreciated. And if anyone has any hidden gem roads then please feel free to share also. Similarly, if anyone happens to be planning a similar trip during Oct Week then feel free to pm me to share ideas and see if there is a possibility to hook up for a stretch.

Cheers,
T