Hi everyone,

So, I picked up my Jialing 150 dual sport bike from the shop a few days ago and now I have a bit of time to share!

It's not blue!

I've put about 50km on it so far. It's not a bad bike at all, and I'm actually impressed with how comfy it is.

The bad:

-The gearbox is quite stiff and clunky. Riding in sneakers really hurts my left foot because it takes quite a bit of force on the shift lever to shift gears. I hope the gearbox will loosen up a bit as it breaks in. (The clutch had quite a bit of drag initially, and it took a bit for me to get the clutch cable adjusted properly, that's sorted now...)

-The brake light is always on, and it's probably due to how the rear brake light switch is set up. I'll play with it more when I have time, looks like a stupid design flaw to me (where the spring for the brake switch mounts to the brake lever has very little movement...)

-Once warmed up, it idles too high. (without a tachometer, I'd guess that it's idling somewhere around 2000RPM) I looked for an idle adjust but didn't find one in the first minute of hunting...)

-The brakes aren't brembos, or even close

The good:

-The engine starts easily warm or cold. It's a smooth, predicable motor with plenty of power for what the bike is.

-The suspension is lanky and soft, but it's a dual sport... the bike has no trouble hopping curbs or taking on whatever large nasty potholes or other bumps to be found on Beijing's roads. But, I'm curious how many kilometers it'll take before the rear shock is blown and has no more damping.

-The bike has some pep for being a wee 150 cc's... it loves revving up quickly, doesn't have any dead spots in the power band, and cruises comfortably at 70-80km. I feel totally confidant that the engine could easily handle swapping the rear sprocket for a smaller one.

So, first impressions are good. I need to spend some more time with the bike to get a few things sorted... fix the damn rear brake switch (whether that means disable the switch or make it work properly), find the idle adjustment and adjust it, and hopefully the transmission will smooth itself out... if not, I can't be riding this bike in sneakers!

I'll post some updates when I get more seat time!