Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. But I decided to join to add a write up and pics to help anyone who would like to accomplish the same as I have done. I purchased an xf250 SSR dual sport about a year ago. I have put 5k miles on it in that time. I love it and it is a very fun bike to ride around to work. I see approx 75 to 80 mpg on a regular basis. Only issue I have had is a leaking head gasket, leaks oil slowly over time. Not too bad just the occational annoying drip on the exhaust.

And to the point, while hunting around I found a big bore kit for a gn250 from China. Making the gn a 300cc. While doing as much research as I could, found nobody has accomplished the task of trying to fit that big bore to the SSR 250 which is basically a Suzuki tu250. Only reading on a write up that it was the same engine bolt pattern. For the cylinder sleeve. So I decided to take on the task of ordering this kit and seeing if it would be possible to adapt it to my 250. Also the kit comes with all gaskets so it would solve my headgasket leak problem.

I will post some pics of my finished product and the link to the bore kit I purchased. And do an expkaination of the things that worked perfectly and the parts that screwed me but fortunately I was able to solve and now have a running SSR xf300.

Before I go into insane detail and go crazy cause I'm a bit ocd I wanted to see If anyone would be interested in this write up before I waste my time. Or if anyone is thinking of doing the same thing.