Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
Hi

For Loas and Thailand only bike documents and Chinese DL is needed ! I will be takeing the same route as you back to the UK in June this year with 2 Chinese riders we are getting a Carnet to be safe but the cost is only 50% deposit to be held as security for the bike so in our case with the CF650G cost US 54,000 Rmb we need to leave about 27.000 rmb + the cost for the document .
Sorry I can't give much more detail on this matter as the 2 Chinese guys are sorting this out now back in Shandong , but if you need further details I can find make a call and find out more for you.

Thanks for a speedy reply. The 150% info came from the internet not from the actual place where the issue ATAs. Im glad to hear its 50% and Im glad to hear your friends are doing it for you. That means I might be able to send my ATA after Mongolia to a friend here in Zhejiang who can cash in that deposit. I only think aloud.
Dont want to trouble you to call your friends. I will try to find out more after the weekend, If I get stuck I will send you a PM.

Its awesome that you are doing the trip. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the Stans for a beer. You are riding back on bikes too?