Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: hello everybody, can anybody please help me? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    d.j.jake1/2,
    So where does your problem stand?
    still the same sir. got no time to fix my bike becouse theres no time. maybe this sunday. and heres my new promblem sir. when i ride at night and i open the front lights it doesnt light in the mid mode, but when i push the button high the lights then is ok.

2. #12 Re: hello everybody, can anybody please help me? 
    Quote Originally Posted by d.j.jake1/2 View Post
    still the same sir. got no time to fix my bike becouse theres no time. maybe this sunday. and heres my new promblem sir. when i ride at night and i open the front lights it doesnt light in the mid mode, but when i push the button high the lights then is ok.
    I have both same problems on my China bike:

Front brake is squeaking all times, applying slight pressure on brakes stops it, but it starts back as soon as i release the brake lever.
    Once I left by disk lock on while I started the bike, the wheel turned once and got stuck, was a pain to unlock the disk lock after that but it stopped the noise for a couple thousand kms, now it's starting again...
    Cheap parts are cheap for a reason, so I'll just change it altogether before to have a bigger pb than that annoying noise.

For the headlight: It obviously is an electric pb, changed the bulb 3 times, and after only a few hours of use; same thing again, Regular-beam is burnt, only High-beam remains, don't ask me why.
    Asked the mechanic who checked the battery's output while revving the engine, nothing wrong here so he couldn't fix it...
    I suppose it delivers too much power to the reg beam so it fries the filament, I thought of adding a resistor on that specific wire but found a simpler solution:
    I drive either on Low-beam so to be seen, either High-beam so I can see.

I lowered the head's angle and I "blacked-out" the head light in a T-shape with black tape so the High-beam don't get me every other user's High-beam in the face.
    One could cover just the top half of the head light but the bottom half still is killer, adding the bottom corners to complete the T-shaped mask really helps lower the intensity into smthg like the Regular-beam.
    Then u only lose the High-beam, no big deal for me who don't exit the city...

I know it's no real fix, but it solves the problems...

Driving a cheap China bike has cons, u can fight them forever, or play it the China way.

If u need the High-beam cause u drive out of the city a lot, then I'd suggest adding a light 12V resistor on the Reg-beam wire, easy fix without knowing nothing about electrics, if it still fries it, buy a new bulb & try a bigger resistor, till it works.

Good luck.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

3. #13 Re: hello everybody, can anybody please help me? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes sir youre right sir. the regular light is broken and the bright only remained. i changed now with the same stock light. i bought a pair 2 weeks ago and its ok. 18w bulb.

hahaha i love the last quote sir.
    Driving a cheap China bike has cons, u can fight them forever, or play it the China way.

yes having a china bike, you must need to be very techie or else save money for mechanic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12