Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
I don't think you are quite clear. The reason for this is that if you are in an accident where you are left unconscious you need for the medical services to be able to ascertain quickly that you have enough money to pay for the treatment, they look through your clothes and quickly find the money, potentially saving your life, and the plastic to keep the money safe from the environment whist you are riding.

If in the event of having an accident with a bicycle, ebike or pedestrian you have the option to pay and leave ASAP, and yes, you need witnesses to see you have paid, or risk serious fallout later.
Right, ok. I guess I can see the logic in that. However, what's to ensure that the person who finds you (or crashed into you) is such a good Samaritan? Who's to say that they wouldn't just call the cops and take your money? Equally, if they are kind enough to go through such troubles, why wouldn't they just do what they could to help you anyway, or equally find that you have the proper resources in your wallet. I guess what I was just warning about is the centrality of money and the importance placed on it. I think better than a bag of money and credit cards (which runs the risk of being stolen, which has happened recently to a friend of mine) a card with important contact information in Chinese, would go a long way towards providing the type of protection you're talking about and avoid any incident that may occur centering around money too much.