Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 580 of 634 FirstFirst ... 430530560570578579580581582590600630 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 6336
  1. #5791 Re: Starter motor brushes 
    Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64-LJ7QwVE
    It is a GY125 engine which is similar to our 167FMM.
    Part 2 follows.
    I don't think you need to remove the engine on the DF.
    Last edited by barnone; 04-30-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #5792 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    bow,
    IMHO I wouldn't run the engine until you get someone to help you diagnose the problem. Might be a minor problem that could cause more damage.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #5793 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Not running anymore, just wanted to record the sound to get an opinion on it. Thanks for the videos, I was hopeing there was not a type of timing chain in there. glad to see it is pretty easy to do. Gonna go through the videos a couple times before i catual dismantle to look. Just did an over view without sound.. hoping in there has something about torque specs once I figure out the issue, and hope it is minor, so i can put it back together. will keep everyone posted. And with pictures I hope. I may have my son set up the video camera and do soe filming so i can send it to you huys. You are all the best.

4. #5794 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Not running anymore, just wanted to record the sound to get an opinion on it. Thanks for the videos, I was hopeing there was not a type of timing chain in there. glad to see it is pretty easy to do. Gonna go through the videos a couple times before i catual dismantle to look. Just did an over view without sound.. hoping in there has something about torque specs once I figure out the issue, and hope it is minor, so i can put it back together. will keep everyone posted. And with pictures I hope. I may have my son set up the video camera and do soe filming so i can send it to you huys. You are all the best.

Another 2000 mile diagnosis, but its same as my first, that sound tells me you have a small leak in the head gasket, and if you say it stopped running was likely because when a small leak runs it quickly gets bigger until there is no compression.
    Still, if it does run, dont run, because if im wrong as mentioned a small problem surely gets worse.

Take your time, watch the vid, no argument there, but you can pull the head off and diagnose this cuz its honestly plain easy to do what you need to.

I watched that video, good info and its very similar, but fwiw i don't think you need to take off the valve train as he does. nor do you need to pull out the rods as he does, but you do need to make sure that the rods sit right when you finally put it back together, no big deal. He mentions to be sure to put the rods back in the same place they came out, i dont have an argument with that, but they are the same part, i think since you should be checking, setting, running, then checking again the valve spacing, then it doesnt matter.

3 bolts to take off the head cover,
    4 bolts to take off the head.
    not much to it.

Finally proper assembly torque is important, i got 21 or 22 ft lbs from the honda cg 125, for lack of any specific info.
    i do all the 6mm head cover bolts 6 or 7 lbs in aluminum.

ive taken and assembled this engine about 4 times for various reasons.
    its really simple.

by the way a new gasket is less than 7$ on ebay, dont you dare pay more.

5. #5795 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Why would you think it would have a cam chain?
    here is your engine

6. #5796 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Mjh, just ignorance of not knowing the inner working thats all, no biggie. But thanks for the PDF .. helps out alot. Axa, Thanks also. In process of getting started to work on her. Weather looks questionable, so I am probably stuck inside the cramped space of the garage. But it is what it is. I will keep everyone posted. You guys are awesome. Thanks.

7. #5797 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

gasket looks good, but I am going to get another one anyway.. no rips tears, or anything, but still could be bad.

any one else have input?
    Attached Images

8. #5798 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    No signs of a bad head gasket.I would replace it just to be safe.The sound in the video sounds like an exhaust leak between the header and head.I would replace that gasket as well.The intermittent running could be a coil,pick up,or CDI starting to fail.They all do wierd things when they start to go out.

9. #5799 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    also would this be tha same.. it says for a CG250, but it looks the same. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160293568896...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

10. #5800 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    ben, I have been trying to find a new gasket for the exhaust but the three I purchased thinking they were it, were to small. have not had any luck with descritions and these sellers answering back.

whats a pickup? I know what the coil is, and maybe the CDI although I could be wrong. please advise.