Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I am not entirely sure who has excess production in china? I can only assume that those that had the largest looses in sales do? I can also assume that if Jialing gained production of the Honda 223cc product line that it would fill that production gap.

Wuyang and Sunduro both offer production, however they are also well linked into Honda China’s distribution and sales network. Since they are managed in alignment they may not have much excess capacity in production and can only gain new production through expansion? I do not know, how could I am not that psychic, I can only surmise from my position. Jialing is not totally disconnected they are just not aligned on motorcycles and could easily be a production source supplying into the Honda network, Jialing has some excess production capacity for sure.

2. #22 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Since I can already get the CBR250R in my market for $4,000.00, because it is out of Thailand. Then I would hope that then I will also see the CRF250L eventually and also priced lower…..but the CRF230 then needs a lowered cost production center, it should not go away it should just be sourced from China and for less.

The CRF250L could come to the US at $4,500.00 and then the CRF230 drop to $3,500.00.

They are waiting to see if the small bike interest is enduring? Then they also want to see if the slightly higher offering in china will generate sales or not?

I really would like to see the CB223S and FTR223 offered in the US, but they never will sell unless they are priced reasonably.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-04-2012 at 04:14 AM.

3. #23 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Honda has not imported a 230 model into the USA since 2009, the last application for an EPA certificate was issued in 2009. The real Honda, that being the one made in Japan was rated at 17.2 hp (12.7kW @7500rpm)

So once the 2009 are gone they may not come back?

Since the CBR250R is being offered with a 19.4kw/26.4hp for a much lower MSRP then the CRF230 models it will likely get replaced with the CRF250L and also there will likely be a Motocross Standard version to follow it.

So I am thinking the 230 will leave the US market and hope it comes back with a lowered MSRP through China. It could and it could be EFI and also sold in china as well.

Since the CBR250R is priced under the competition then likely so will the CRF250L and then that would bring in a Chinese line at under that, an MSRP under $4,000.00 for the entire 223 line.

If I went to the local Honda dealer and saw a CB233S for $3,500.00, I would buy one.

4. #24 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I would not mind seeing a CMX250 engine in the CB223S design, I am quite sure the Chinese can handle that maybe people can stop telling them that all Americans want are “choppers”! The version could be named the CB234T and basically would be a the same as the CB223S but offer a 234cc carbureted twin with a five speed.

Honda did not get it right with the Nighthawk 250, however that does not mean that there is no interest in a 250 twin standard its just that the Nighthawk was just so totally uninspired.

5. #25 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I actually inquired with Jialing about the EFI on their 223cc, they offered that it is a closed loop and that the actual manufacturer of the EFI is not disclosed. The information is not available to the sales staff, it is a secret to them, only the staff in the R&D department know the supplier of the EFI.

The motorcycle is not being promoted properly is it….not as the new Honda CRF250L is being promoted .

6. #26 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Qlink has not brought their DS250 (Shineray) to the market yet, that would be an option to the CRF250L. Qlink should be able to bring the bike to the market properly but they really need to address their approach, their overall approach is off kilter, they may want to consider hiring some professionals to organize their operations.

Did Cycle World include the Qlink model, no and why would they, if they did they would be then compromising their integrity by doing so. The good people at Qlink need to ask themselves why they are not on the list of optional model choices to the CRF250L?

Point is that if you take a unprofessional approach to the market do not expect any synergistic affiliation in that approach, expect to be repelled. There are no good excuses are there, if it takes to long to get ready for the party that’s fine, take as long as you like, but you may consider keeping the door shut whilst you pull up your knickers. We are willing to wait, its just that we do not need to see all that.
    Last edited by MJH; 09-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.

7. #27 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I actually inquired with Jialing about the EFI on their 223cc, they offered that it is a closed loop and that the actual manufacturer of the EFI is not disclosed. The information is not available to the sales staff, it is a secret to them, only the staff in the R&D department know the supplier of the EFI.

The motorcycle is not being promoted properly is it….not as the new Honda CRF250L is being promoted .
    Dear MJH,

Do you have pictures of the Jialing 250 (223)? I'm a bit confused about this. Is it an OEM bike, or Jialing branded?

thanks
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #28 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    The only image of JH250GY-5 are or appear to be artist renderings?
    http://www.jialingmotor.com/product/...otorcycle.html

There are some new models on the TRAXX website, not any with the new 223cc engine only bikes with a OHC 135cc that Jialing is selling in Brazil that offers 13hp.

JOTO 135 and FLY 135

http://www.traxx.com.br/novotraxx/saiba-mais-joto135
    http://www.traxx.com.br/saiba-mais-fly135
    Last edited by MJH; 09-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.

9. #29 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    The Honda CRF250L is being offered in the USA, its MSRP is $4,500.00

10. #30 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    What I am requesting/suggesting/recommending is a CB230, CL230 and a CX230.
    These would be all made by Jialing in China for HONDA.

The CB230 would be the same design.
    The CL would be a FTR223 with a raised exhaust to make it a scrambler.
    The CX would be a dual sport, the JH250GY-5

All would have an MSRP of $3,500.00 and offered through Honda dealers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast