Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Enduro options near Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there,

I am in Shanghai for about half a year now and I am aching to start riding again.

I have done some Enduro whilst in South Africa and need to get going again. I am riding only offroad and purely for the joy of it. The bikes will not be registered and we will not get licences either. I intend to haul my sons' and my bike on a trailer from my home to any riding area on weekends and holidays. My son, 15, still has his old bike, a YZ 85, and I will get a Borossi BT 450LX if I can find a suitable riding area.
    I have seen on this forum that people ride in Moganshan and Suzhou. We have visited both places but haven't seen all to much. Yes, we found the entrance to the tank area in Suzhou and wandered in by foot a bit. Moganshan is quite beautiful but the lodge seems to be under construction and we haven't seen a riding area or trails there...
    Can anybody fill me in on where else to ride? Is there is anybody out there how doing kinda the same?
    Cheers

2. #2 Re: Enduro options near Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vokato View Post
    I intend to haul my sons' and my bike on a trailer from my home to any riding area on weekends and holidays.
    Good luck with a trailer.... welcome to the MCM club!

Moganshan is quite beautiful but the lodge seems to be under construction and we haven't seen a riding area or trails there...
    The M-Lodge is not under construction, the Songliang hotel the M-Lodge is located in is under renovations and the resto work should be completed before the upcoming tomb sweeping holiday during the first week of April. The M-Lodge was closed for 6 weeks as every year during CNY period and re-opened for the new season on 1st.March.
    Quite a few trails between Huzhou, Moganshan, Wukang, Anjii but of course not right behind the M-Lodge, you need to get a further bit up or down the mountains.
    i'll be over to M-Lodge again sometime in late April after my run to the sun.....

ps: Pudong has an off-road track not far from PD Ikea, see my post in the forum.

3. #3 Re: Enduro options near Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply I have read on the forum on trailers and will follow up on that... I am very happy to hear that there might be a track "just in my backyard" Very awesome prospects
    Having some trouble though to locate your post. See, I am not only slow on my bike. Could you give me a lead? Thx

4. #4 Re: Enduro options near Shanghai 
    Banned
    Could you give me a lead? Thx
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hanghai)/page3

5. #5 Re: Enduro options near Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    wow, man you are bloody fast!!!

Great pics! Will definately check it out on the weekend. Thx

6. #6 Re: Enduro options near Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    It has been a while but I have found a place to ride in the dirt and do a bit of Enduro riding. My bike is on it's way to Shanghai and should be here by the end of november.

I have not been able to solve the trailer issue yet. Meaning I don't have a trailer and might need to modify my car's trailer hitch attachement...

Does anybody have an idea how to get a trailer in Shanghai or knows a company that would deliver one to me here?

Many thanks