Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    a lot of the chinese guy have the same bike at our club who are short as well and the way the guys swing on is leave the stand down and use the foot peg to help to swing the leg over when on top then flick the side stand up ......
    I'd be interested in seeing that

2. #42 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Hey, Pope, it's not KDX, but it is nice bike. Congrats!

Can you please describe the process of ordering a bike with components that you asked for? Are they made ​​it based on your ideas from scratch - that frame, this engine, suspension, plastic panels, wheels, lights, or it was easier?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #43 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Hey, Pope, it's not KDX, but it is nice bike. Congrats!

Can you please describe the process of ordering a bike with components that you asked for? Are they made ​​it based on your ideas from scratch - that frame, this engine, suspension, plastic panels, wheels, lights, or it was easier?
    It's pretty easy, actually. You can configure them how you want. I just told the guy over qq, but with the help of a Chinese friend. Choose the colors of your plastics, frame, wheels ,handlebar, etc. Then your tires,wheels sizes. There are several engine choices. Add any accessories from the store. Pretty simple stuff.

4. #44 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Bike has now logged nearly 5000 km. Shineray engine has been solid, but I've had to use loctite on almost all of the nuts and bolts, because stuff just rattles loose and falls off, i.e. I stooped to find my entire rear rack, lights, signals and license plate holder were gone after a stretch of rough road and hard riding. I did change out the plastics and put on some supermoto tires, which I should have done from the start. This thing is made for riding mildly off-road. It's best suited being a supermoto bike and the crappy roads that you have to slog through to get to the good stuff. This bike has been a good initial learning tool for me.

A few low-res photos.
    moto4.jpgmoto1.jpgmoto2.jpgmoto3.jpg

5. #45 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Great thread and photos.

Im looking to get a bike with a nearly identical setup. Meaning...250cc engine and super moto style tires. I was happy to read that taobao is a legitimate place to make a purchase.

The only thing holding me back is that I dont know a motorcycle mechanic who can assemble the front end when its delivered...and i dont have the tools or ability to do it myself.

Although there is one taobao seller with a decent looking bike. He also has the customizable options..and he's located in my city, Chengdu. That would be nice, because he could assemble it at the time of sale. What do you think of this bike?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...03&ppath=&sku=

He seems to have sold a few...and has decent feedback.

Thanks again for the nice thread. Can't wait to start riding.

6. #46 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Man, I would seriously get your hands on some loctite 243 threadlocker. You can order it from Taobao, and it's a must for these bikes because things definitely will rattle loose and fall off. You also want to upgrade to the inverted forks and I would also upgrade the exhaust to the stainless steel one like I have that has the clamp instead of just bolting it to the frame. The weld on the first one that came with the bike was aluminum (could not be welded) and broke while I was about three hours from where I keep the bike and I had to ride it all the way back clearing a path and scaring the crap out of pedestrians due to it being so loud.

7. #47 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    +1 243 threadlocker is an absolute must on all Chinese bikes. In fact many of the better even China bikes come with every bolt threadlocked. In fact it should be illegal not to use it. Don't bother with 242, it's fine for bicycles but not enough for motorcycles on Chinese roads.

If you're struggling to find Loctite you can always use traditional threadlocker=grease!

8. #48 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Quote Originally Posted by effertime View Post
    Great thread and photos.

Im looking to get a bike with a nearly identical setup. Meaning...250cc engine and super moto style tires. I was happy to read that taobao is a legitimate place to make a purchase.

The only thing holding me back is that I dont know a motorcycle mechanic who can assemble the front end when its delivered...and i dont have the tools or ability to do it myself.

Although there is one taobao seller with a decent looking bike. He also has the customizable options..and he's located in my city, Chengdu. That would be nice, because he could assemble it at the time of sale. What do you think of this bike?

you don't need to assemble the front end just install the wheel and the handlebars and connect the battery. basically can be done with a couple of 20kuai shifters and a screwdriver... which is the traditional tool kit of most bike mechanics here

9. #49 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    Hi zhu

Most of the dick heads chinese mechanics should be abel to get the bike up and running ok it not very hard to do and you dont need to be brain surgeon to work it out thank god for that

so good luck
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #50 Re: Anyone ever bought a bike from Taobao? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by effertime View Post
    Great thread and photos.

I'd be bloody hesitant making that statement, cause there are plenty of unscrupulous sellers on TB selling nothing but PS adulterated photos of nothingness, for a slice of ones hard earned cash... moral> don't believe anything posted or being sold on TB.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast